When did you Regester to Vote?

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: When did you Regester to Vote?

Your poll is not answerable for me and I'm sure for many of the other i-boat members, especially JB... :D (sorry JB), are from the era when the minimun age to register and vote was 21.<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sorry Bob, Goes to show ya I should have paid closer attention in school. Guess I'll put the ole dunce cap on again. :confused: <br /><br />I should have put for the 3rd answer, "Earliest Legal Age" <br /><br />Sorry Bout Dat :(

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

18 for me. I vote every time polls are open. <br /><br />Just a tid bit of trivia. I'm sure some of Ya'll remember the "Poll Tax". I remember it, in fact my dad gave me a reciept from 64 where he paid his poll tax so he could vote.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

SS........<br /><br />You are forgiven. I first registered in 1965, as a member of a third party, I think the only third party at that time, which is more conservitive and to the right of the Republican party.<br />And yes, I'm still with them... :D <br /><br />"Better Right Than Not" <br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Since 18. Been voting ever since. Even if I wasn't sure, I voted for the best one.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Like Bob in Calif, I first registered in '65 when I was 21 - several years before 18 YOs were enfranchised with ratification of the 26th amendment.

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Couldn't register until age 21. I recall that I had to answer a simple question on the Constitution and demonstrate that I could read and write before being registered. Still not a bad idea.

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

A second poll would ask about voting habits. Just because you are a registered voter doesn’t mean you vote.<br /><br />I vote in primary, general, presidential & non-presidential years, local/state, non-partisan, etc. When the voting polls are open I go vote.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I'll be the token bad guy, and be publicly admonished or ridiculed for it.<br /><br />I don't vote, never have. I don't follow the issues, or the candidates. Sure, I get some exposure because it is all around me, but chain emails and political humor are a poor basis for deciding our future leaders. I don't do any research on my own, I don't watch the debates, the speeches, or talk shows. I have my hands full with my career, my education (working on my degree) and I'm a single father on top of it all. I don't have time to follow politics, nor the energy.<br /><br />So, I don't vote because I don't have time to follow and research it properly. And I think an uninformed vote is much worse than no vote at all.