Wheel chair motor brainstorming on my Starcraft

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class
While working on the trailer I noticed two wheel chair motors laying around the shop...

Started thinking how cool would it be to utilize them

24 volt, same as TM I plan on getting.... Sooooooo...

Winch for the anchor? Down rigger motor? Automatic bimini raiser? LOL

I would love to utilize them if nothing more than to accentuate the custom rebuild of the thing, a novelty really.

Anyother thoughts? My bud thought winch for the trailer, but nah

Dirt_Farmer

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Wheel chair motor brainstorming on my Starcraft

Paddle wheel on each side of the boat, and a large solar array on the Bimini?

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I had to google up a pic of what a wheelchair motor looked like...and honestly have no idea on where to use them...

CoffeeHound

Petty Officer 1st Class

Son uses his for windless on anchor rope, do to a back injury .. If you get the gearing right, it works great .
I suggest a knee pad controler so both hands are free to handle the rope !!

Idea --Use motor to drive a gangplank mounted on the bow, so you dont get wet tennies when you want to beach the boat ?

Chip Chester

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Or, donate them to an organization that repairs wheelchairs for veterans, the poor, or makes/repairs chairs for overseas charities.

Chip

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Such an organization exists? It takes all kinds I suppose

Still gonna use em to customize the sled

BonairII

Commander

Such an organization exists? It takes all kinds I suppose

Still gonna use em to customize the sled

Yup....those damn veterans went and got themselves disabled. :rolleyes:

Since kindness isn't your thing......donate them for the tax deduction.

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow you guys sure do jump to conclusions easily.

Sure is a lot of assuming going on at my detrement here

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm fuming at the level of disrespect you two just posted towards me.

I chose to utilize them instead of "donating" them to some charity I don't even know if exists?

Then to accuse me of being callus if not having some disdain towards Veterans? I'm outraged at the accusation.

Just this past Veterans day my grandfather WHO IS A WWII VET was selected by the Kern County Honor flight charity to be among a plane full of Kern County WWII vets back to D.C. to visit the capital, all the memorials etc.. free of charge paid for by the donations of the county

Now guess where I got these wheelchair motors????? HMMMMMM..... Thats right.. My WWII vet grandpa!! Who is assisting me on the boat rebuild despite hip replacement surgery recently

I'm not one to kiss anyones arse so you two can take a flying leap..{I'll leave it at that}

Here is the news story on the trip. Hughey Young is my grandfather, was at Pearl Harbor in the Navy during WWII and I am very proud of him

http://www.turnto23.com/news/31112379/detail.html

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Really???? It takes all kinds? Wow, we are dumber for having checked this link.

I ask if a organization exists and then remark how surprised I was that such a specific charity exists and you spin it into a intelligence depleting link?

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

HAY HAY HAY A little respect here would be in order. To acuse one of something you know nothing about is not a way that I feel most would or should reactr. I will apoigize for the web site although not asked to. I as well as a lot of you are Veterens and I did not read into this as anything more than a suggestion. I served 11 years 5 active and 6 in the reserves. Shame on you ...... PUGETSOUND in the greater Seattle Area

BonairII

Commander

Regardless of intent......the "it takes all kinds I suppose" comment probably wasn't the most flattering way to describe the charity in question.

Then you followed that statement up with "still gonna use them to customize the sled".

Wrong or right, 99% of the population would read those 2 statements together and come to the same conclusion that I did.

Jlawsen

Master Chief Petty Officer

Had an old 24v Jazzy that i ripped the seat off and welded a 2" ball to. Works great for moving the boats around.

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What he wants to do with them is none of our Damn business It must be time to give this threasd a rest for me. It seems it is getting to easy to polically attact any opinion other than your own.

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Regardless of intent......the "it takes all kinds I suppose" comment probably wasn't the most flattering way to describe the charity in question.

Then you followed that statement up with "still gonna use them to customize the sled".

Wrong or right, 99% of the population would read those 2 statements together and come to the same conclusion that I did.

"Such an organization exists?".......................... Legit question... correct?

"It takes all kinds I suppose"............................ As in "it takes all kinds" of charities to help the needy, "I suppose" is acknowledgement that say the red cross can't help out specifically "Vets with wheel chairs" as a specific charity driven to can

Whether you read it right or wrong, you and JD insulted me and basically pinned me as an Unamerican Grinch who discards wounded Vets as if they were trash.

You seem to still blame me by now saying. "well you wrote it wrong, its your fault still"

As I said, go take a flying leap, Please stay off my posts/threads in the future and I will surely steer clear of yours

Mike

cutbait76

Petty Officer 2nd Class

HAY HAY HAY A little respect here would be in order. To acuse one of something you know nothing about is not a way that I feel most would or should reactr. I will apoigize for the web site although not asked to. I as well as a lot of you are Veterens and I did not read into this as anything more than a suggestion. I served 11 years 5 active and 6 in the reserves. Shame on you ...... PUGETSOUND in the greater Seattle Area

I'll be leaving this thread alone from here on out, granting I don't get thrown under the bus and called a commy pinko going forward

JD in Milwaukee

Petty Officer 1st Class

I apologize to you Mike. I did not mean to crap on your post. The "takes all kinds" comment came across poorly. Sorry, John
"Such an organization exists?".......................... Legit question... correct?

"It takes all kinds I suppose"............................ As in "it takes all kinds" of charities to help the needy, "I suppose" is acknowledgement that say the red cross can't help out specifically "Vets with wheel chairs" as a specific charity driven to can

Whether you read it right or wrong, you and JD insulted me and basically pinned me as an Unamerican Grinch who discards wounded Vets as if they were trash.

You seem to still blame me by now saying. "well you wrote it wrong, its your fault still"

As I said, go take a flying leap, Please stay off my posts/threads in the future and I will surely steer clear of yours

Mike