What's your cure for hiccups?

LadyFish

Admiral
This always works for me.<br /><br />Takes a glass of cold water. Put a tablespoon in it upside down. Drink the entire glass of water making sure the bottom/back of the spoon is touching your forehead. I dare anyone to try this and tell me it dosen't work.<br /><br />I've done this for years and done it for friends, they can't believe it works either, but it does.<br /><br />You just look a little funny while you're doing it. :)

willamettejeff

Chief Petty Officer
Re: What's your cure for hiccups?

With tip of your tounge massage the upper pallete as far back as tounge will reach. Always works for me and not near as funny looking as your method LF.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Mrs. QC taught me to drink a glass of cold water from the opposite side of the glass. Really hard, but it works. Sounds somewhat similar to the LF method.

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Like QC said, I call it drinking water from a glass backwards and upside down.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />In order to drink the water as described, you put your mouth on the opposite side of the glass and lean forward to drink the water. <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Sounds funny, but it has never failed to git rid of the hiccups. <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Disclaimer: Don't do it in front of someone who likes to laugh at odd looking things.. <br /> :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Touch the back of your throat with the handle of a toothbrush, deep as you can without actually gagging.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Drink an entire case of beer. After that, you wont care that you have the hiccups. :D <br /><br />Ken

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Teaspoon of sugar under your tongue until it dissolves.<br /><br />OR hold your breath for as long as you can.<br /><br />None of these mean much, but take yourmind off of the muscle spasm that causes hiccups, allowing that muscle to relax.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I have a photo of Hillary Clinton in my wallet. A quick peak at it scares the hiccups right away :) ;)

crab bait

Captain

neet cures but what if..<br /><br /><br /> no glass,water,spoon,beer toothbrush,boo,ect,whatever..<br /><br />this works hands-down,,on everyone,anywhere,& fast..<br /><br />think about someone who maybe thinking of you..<br /><br /> an hic-cups are gone..

oddjob

Commander

I cough and force more hic-ups repeatedly. When my body realizes that I enjoy some then they go away. I hav'nt hicuped in a long time now that you mention it.

FSHKPR

Ensign

i shot of bitters always cures them for me

ehenry

Commander

Eat a teaspoon of sugar. Works for me.