What's wrong this "deal" ?????

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer
My wife and I are going to Dump Truck, Minnesota for a week to visit some of her family. Having to drive an hour and a half to their house from the propeller palace, I am renting a car, to save someone having to pick us up and take back next week. That's where the "deal" comes to play.<br /><br />I have been renting from the same car rental company for many years, so always being pleased with them, I am going with them agan. I punched in the car I wanted and got a pretty decent rate. I then noticed an offer for people 55 and over. (My wife is over 55.. :D )<br /><br />So I punched up the "55" offer and found the basic car rental was $35.00 dollars higher than the same car I reserved. But...they give a 5% discount for the 55 and over set. Still, with the optional insurance and taxes and "discount", it was still $25.00 over what I paid on a normal rental charge, with the same options.<br /><br />The only thing I can figure is, they charge the "baby boomers" more, probably because they are thought to have more disposable income than other age groups and think they are getting a deal....???... Go figure??????<br /><br />...Bob in Calif...

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: What's wrong this "deal" ?????

Is it really "Dump Truck," Minnesota?<br /><br />You were supposed to assume the "over-55" discount is cheaper and not compare it to the normal charge!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

you see that all the time with car rentals. I can book a car rental as an individual. I use my corporate account (which is supposed to be cheaper due to the amount of rentals)....yeah right....I can always get a better deal w/out the corporate!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Dump truck is just west of Wheel Barrow on the map, Both are kinda small towns so your map may not show it...Nortwest corner of Rock Quarry county.<br /><br />When ya gonna me In-state, Bob (soon to be) in Minnesota? I'm about two and a half from the propeller place in the best direction.

one more cast

Captain

"Dump truck is just west of Wheel Barrow on the map, Both are kinda small towns "<br /> I bet Dump Truck is Bigger then Wheel Barrow! :D :D :p

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by One More Cast:<br /> "Dump truck is just west of Wheel Barrow on the map, Both are kinda small towns "<br /> I bet Dump Truck is Bigger then Wheel Barrow! :D :D :p
Sure, but not as big as Grand Fork Box Car.

Bob in Calif.

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Actually I'm in St. Cloud. My wife is from Dump Truck, Mn.(southern), across the creek from Backhoe, Iowa.<br /><br />I about wet myself yesterday when I saw the gas prices here......Regular for $1.99 a gallon!!!!!!! My brother-in-law said gas went up 11 cents a gallon since last week. I asked him how many refineries they have around here and got the answer I expected......NONE.....<br /><br />Ah, the luggage delivery guy just showed up. Our flight was 45 minutes leaving SFO to Denver yesterday, so we only had 12 minutes to change planes Denver to Minn. yesterday. Naturally our luggage didn't make it<br /><br />Time to put on some clean skivvies...More later...<br /><br /> ...Bob in Calif...

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Another 90 minutes puts ya on my doorstep if ya want to wet a line while your here.