what's with punk kids on the lake!

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant
Just a gripe....I've had my first encounter on the lake with some total jerks!<br /><br />Me and my neighbor (who looks like Ted Nugent) and a friend of his were running jugs in my boat Saturday evening.<br /><br />I had 11 jugs scattered in a stump area so we wouldn't block the lake so people could ski, boat around etc. We were up in a corner where you really need to go idle speed cause you will hit stumps and the rocks from the old rock quarry.<br /><br />Young punk kids (about 4 guys and 1 girl) in a ski natique come up and tell me that I'm fishing in THEIR swimming hole and that I'd better move my jugs becuase he wanted to ski there. I calmly mentioned that I wasn't going to move them, that we were fishing and had been and that there's the rest of the lake or they can go back into the river (from where they came) and wakeboard there as most others do. He told me that it was their skiing hole and that we were going to have to move. I told him I wasn't moving, that it wasn't his hole as the waters belong to the citizens of Texas. He asked what I was going to do if he moved them. I told him I would get his registration numbers and report to the game warden.<br /><br />You couldn't see his numbers on his boat as they blended into the color. He kept pointing at the ski natique name on the side saying that's all I needed to see (like I've got money, look at my boat). So I idled up about 5 feet from his boat so I could read his numbers, wrote them down and then went on the other side of the boat so 4 punk kids could get a real good look at us <br /><br />Went back to my house and told my wife about it. She got on her pwc and rode out there and said those boys were loading their boat on their trailer!<br /><br />now why do people who have money (or their parents have the money) have to be such jerks...<br /><br />ok...gripe is over with.

KRS

Banned
Re: what's with punk kids on the lake!

The world if full of them.... where do I buy a tag and when does the season open anyway?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Man you wouldn't believe what happened to me yesterday. Some guy comes along and starts putting out jugs in my favorite ski spot. <br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br />Just kidding KK.<br /><br />It is amazing the stupidity of some people these days. Think they own everything. I just dont understand why they think this.<br /><br />Ken

ehenry

Commander

I"m with you Kelton. I've been running the Pearl River here where I live most of my life. In the last few years people think they have laid claim to the sand bars on the river, erecting permanent structures, pitching tents, tarps and other things and just leaving them there. If you happen to stop on that bar and they come up, the have the unmitigated gall to tell you that its their sand bar. Most of these people are from the younger set...I'd say 25 to 35. Last time I checked the Pearl was a public water way as are the banks and bars on it. The MSDWF&P have gone on TV stating that this is unlawful and have aproached the inidividuals and told them so but they dont do anything about it. I wish that they'd send someone out there during the week while everyone is a work and gather all the stuff up and burn it.<br /><br />My gripe is done now.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

I went and talked to my neighbor who knows both of the game wardens real well. He jugs commercially (I go with him about once a month).<br /><br />I now have both of the wardens home phone and cell phone numbers in my wallet!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

JUGS, JUGGING? Help! Must be one of those southern things, like noodling? :D

txswinner

Banned

Course it cuts both ways, I hate trot lines that are left in the water rather than removed when not in use. We all must use courtesy, we have multiplied to fast.

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

txwinner, agreed......I always remove my jugs when I'm done fishing for the weekend or the day with free floating jugs.<br /><br />Boomyal...jug fishing can be done several ways - for catfish. <br /><br />1) I use gallon oil containers (TX have to be white for recreational). Tie 40lb line to it and a 12 or so weight on about a 25 foot line with 3 hooks staged from the bottom and I use fresh shad. These won't move with the wind and aren't as much work as those described next. <br /><br />2) I also use 1 litre coke bottles sprayed white inside, tie 40lb line to it. I put about 18" line with a small weight, then another 18" of line with my hook. these are free floating jugs and go with the wind. You have to remain out there with these as they can scatter and it's work, but you catch more fish quickly.<br /><br />I always run my jugs in areas where people don't ski/boat because I don't like people running through my jugs....

LubeDude

Admiral

Ya know, the sad part is that this young man is putting his life and future in the fact that his daddy has money. He hasnt came to the conclution that the person you are is the person you are stipped naked standing amongs his piers. Well, kinda, you all know what I mean. He needs a few months in Boot camp.

txswinner

Banned

I grew up really wealthy as well Dad gave me a beautiful used 10' Sears alum. when I was 13 and I knew I was the luckiest kid on earth.

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

txswinner, that's the coolest thing I've heard all day. :)

ALAG3

Seaman

it is usually a small handfull of people who can ruin a good day for everyone. I think they are everywhere!

brother chris

Commander

" what's with punk kids on the lake!"<br /><br />Dude, it's called summer and they come out like misquitoes. They are all over around here, but I got just the spray for them. It's called bear spray. :D <br />Wait a minute...bear spray for misquitoes??????

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

KeltonKrew, Being from Texas, I'd have figured you'd do what we do in Allerbammer. Fire at least one warning shot across their bow, then, if they are still there, empty a few more in the bottom of that big ol'boat of his daddy's! :D :D :D

KRS

Banned

Originally posted by Holdimhook:<br /> KeltonKrew, Being from Texas, I'd have figured you'd do what we do in Allerbammer. Fire at least one warning shot across their bow, then, if they are still there, empty a few more in the bottom of that big ol'boat of his daddy's! :D :D :D
ARM YOUR BATTLE STATIONS!!!