whats up with this 1500??

Alexo1us

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Ok so now I got mine running it is up to me to help my benefactor with his he has an earlier vintage 1500. It seems to be very underpowered for what it is it is on a 17 silverline BR 2000 vintage how this came about is another story.<br />The fasted we can get her to is about 45.<br />I found that the throttle was only going to about 3/4 adjusted this. This boat was purchased with this motor and I think it was just hung on and started do not think any setup was done. It had been sitting for about 5 yrs before going on.<br />Hell a 90 walks away from her on the same size boat his speed is suppose to be at 55+ he may have 100 Lbs. lighter but this should make this much difference <br />Any thoughts on where I should start??<br />Alex

ZmOz

Captain
Re: whats up with this 1500??

What prop/WOT RPMs? I don't know anything about that hull, but that speed sounds about right to me. My 16' Glastron and 1500 could only get to about 49/50 mph depending on conditions.

Alexo1us

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: whats up with this 1500??

I can tell you it is a 21 think this may be two much. Haven't been able to get a tach to work yet. Would I be able to hook up a tach and dwell meter to this system? I would think so but don't want to buy it unless I know for sure.<br /><br />Alex