What's the temperature. ??

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
OK, you are sitting at home, perhaps surfing the net, and you are wondering what the outside temperature is.<br /><br />How do you find out?<br /><br />Do you get up, walk thru the house and gaze out the window at an outdoor thermometer?<br /><br />Or do you click on the "intellicast" bookmark in your browser?<br /><br />Click .... ..... ... 39*F

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: What's the temperature. ??

I like seeing what the temp is outside my house. Around here a few miles can be a difference of 10 to 15 degrees. The famous Oppossum Run yesterday am was 20 while at my house was 24. My thermometer is outside where I can easily see it on my way to the woodburner. Still been lucky so far, no snow here..... :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

I use weatherbug, quite a cool tool. Use NOAA lakes forecast all summer for south Lake Michigan.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I have a wireless weather station. I simply look over my right shoulder. 5.39am 45.1 degrees. :D

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I just look at the wife. If she's on the couch bundled up like Nanuk of the North, I know it's 30 or below. Got down to 23 a couple nights ago.

LadyFish

Admiral

I just look at the little doomafloppy in the right hand corner of my computer screen: 6:05 a.m. 71 degrees. :) <br /><br />I downloaded it from the weather channel. If I want the detailed forecast, I simply click on it.

one more cast

Captain

I glance down at the bottom of my screen....30 degrees or go to my fireplace mantle where I have a wireless thermometer receiver. EDIT: I just let the cat in an glanced at the thermometer on the fireplace...25 degrees. The 30 degree reading on my pc screen comes from 45 miles away.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wireless weather station that sits right on my desk.

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

We don't have a thermometer so I go by feel. It feels like 40 deg F. After checking weatherundergroun they say it's actually 43 deg. I think their wrong.

phatmanmike

Captain

damn people, its 77 now and should get up to about 80 this afternoon. what do you think this is... ....winter!?!?!?!?!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> I just look at the wife. If she's on the couch bundled up like Nanuk of the North, I know it's 30 or below. Got down to 23 a couple nights ago.
hehehehe..right on!!! Except in my house, it only has to drop below 65!!! She gots all the covers at night, and I got a fan and in my skivvies!!!<br /><br />I use www.weather.com...or if athome, I just look out the kitchen window at the big ol' thermometer outside...

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I go out and feed the critters, If I still have coffee left in my cup it's cool outside. If I still have some ciggarette it's cold and if my cigarette goes out it's raining. This am is warm though must be close to 40.

KaGee

Admiral

Stick my head outside....<br />1) Yep... it's cold<br />2) Hmmm... gonna be warm today<br />3) Wet, better taks an umbrella<br />4) %$@$$%&&#$#%&&& SNOW!<br /><br />You'll find weathermen in the phonebook right next to "Palm Readers" and "Fortune Tellers".

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by phatmanmike:<br /> damn people, its 77 now and should get up to about 80 this afternoon. what do you think this is... ....winter!?!?!?!?!
Just for that.... I hope you get sand up your shorts!! :p

Stratosfied

Ensign

66 now @ 12:26 pm! and I am freezing in the house with the windows up!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) it was 18 this morning at 5:00am here at the hunting camp in maine and now it is 38 The sun sure feels good when your sitting in the woods!!! ;) :cool:

aspeck

Staff member

Wireless weather station for me - I want to know the temp on the back porch, not the temp 30 miles from me. Down to 16 2 nights ago, only got down to 23 last night. Up to 60 today.

ddaigle

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had to run the AC last night, it was pushing 80 and humid. Dont really care what the temp is, its almost always hot. :D :D