what's it worth?

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice
I have been trying to sell my 1963 Lonestar 16ft biscayne for the past month without any bites at all. The motor has all been gone through reeds, carburator, distributor cap, and even the charging system on it works like it should. Also the interior is all new with new seats, I recently painted the floor, and wetsanded the deck to remove oxidation, no bites. any ideas on what you think its worth would be helpful thanks.IMAG0229.jpgsorry only picture i have, phone fell into lake with all current pictures so this is the only current one i have.

airdvr1227

Lieutenant Commander
Re: what's it worth?

Less than what you are currently asking for it? If no one is looking the most likely reason is you're asking too much.

Last edited:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

You are emotionally attached to the boat. Yes, it is in very good condition BUT--IT IS VERY OLD and it is not a desirable/collectable hull like a James Bond boat or a Glasspar G3. Judging from what I can see, even with a perfect interior and perfectly running engine, 500-1000 bucks is all you could expect unless you found another emotionally attached buyer. --You know: Had one as a kid and wants to replace his memories.

Also, remember: selling an old fiberglass hull is probably the most difficult sale there is. If you are a marina and can sit on it for years it may go but even marinas have back lots FULL of old boats.

Last edited:

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice

I had a feeling, i am currently asking $1500, what would you pay for the boat, not sure on how much lowwer is a good place to be.

lx.crowell

Seaman Apprentice

You are emotionally attached to the boat. Yes, it is in very good condition BUT--IT IS VERY OLD and it is not a desirable/collectable hull like a James Bond boat or a Glasspar G3. Judging from what I can see, even with a perfect interior and perfectly running engine, 500-1000 bucks is all you could expect unless you found another emotionally attached buyer. --You know: Had one as a kid and wants to replace his memories.

Also, remember: selling an old fiberglass hull is probably the most difficult sale there is. If you are a marina and can sit on it for years it may go but even marinas have back lots FULL of old boats.

Ok thank you i really didn't know kinda had a feeling it was too high but didn't find anything comparable on the market so just guessed in the dark on price, had a 1962 MFG I think the niagra deluxe i bielive with a 28 horse that sold for $800 four year ago so just kind of guessed off what that had sold for so firgured bigger motor better shape i could get more money guess i guessed wrong, thank you for the input ill just lowwer the price good thing craigslist is free:D