What's it worth? 1978 Mercury - 90 hp

starcrazy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Over the summer I had purchased a starcraft mariner, it came with a 90 hp 1978 mercury outboard. Being I am not mechanically inclined, I have decided to repower the boat with something newer and more reliable.

So curious what the whole outboard setup would be worth. Motor, cable, throtle, trim unit etc.

What I do know the motor does not work, I have no idea what is wrong with it. Current state to me it's an anchor, mind you it's a heavy one.

Not looking to get rich, but figured with the entire system, it should be worth something to someone and was just curious.

thanks

Wayne

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: What's it worth? 1978 Mercury - 90 hp

In demonstratably running condition it could be worth around $1000. If it will turn over and has good even compression it could be worth $500 or so non-running. In completely unknown condition, $2-300 maybe? (american dollars)

starcrazy

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ez

Thanks for the reply, again was just looking for a outline to what it all was worth. There a couple of guys here in Canada looking this type of motor, running or not. Now that I have a number, it will allow me gauge some type of price for it all.

Thanks again.

Wayne

Part-time

Chief Petty Officer

With the tilt/trim you should be able to get between four too five hundred, even as a 'parts' motor.