What's in your Boat Toolbox?

Equis

Cadet
May be in the wrong section (Sorry Mods)<br /><br />I just have a couple of screw drivers, some pliers and some tape.<br /><br />I do of course have the usual saftey equipment. plus spare oil<br /><br />Any other tools that you guys think are a must have to carry?<br /><br /> :)

olbuddyjack

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What's in your Boat Toolbox?

vise grips and zip ties. I carry a screwdriver with changable tips so i only need one.

Clams Canino

Commander

OK - remember - YOU asked :D <br /><br />Boat's Box:<br />4 way screwdriver<br />long skinny flat blade for idle needles<br />zip ties<br />wire-cutter<br />electrical tape<br />double ended wrench to fit lock nuts on link and sync adjusters<br />plug wrench<br />prop wrench<br />square ended screwdriver to fit those new style hull screws that come loose<br />E-6000 or Marine Goop (Eclectic Prodcts)<br />V.O.Meter<br />10mm nutdriver<br />small pliers<br />1/2 pint TCW-3<br /><br />Operators box:<br />Super glue - for instant skin repairs<br />Condiment bag containg packets: salt/pepper/parm/ketchup/mustard/relish/onions/sub-oil/mayo etc. etc: for "treating" food on the fly.<br />Sugar packets: energy<br />Pizza to local ramp delivery coupons<br />1 mini-bottle Baccardi and 2 aspirin: for "game over" type water toy crashes<br />cheap sunglasses<br />Home burned CD of the Gilligans Island theme followed by "Smoke on the Water" (amuses guests)<br /><br />Cooler Check List:<br />6 Coke<br />3 beer<br />1 milk<br />1 energy drink<br />1/2 Italian Sammich<br />1 can black olives<br />1 small apple pie<br />2 wine cooler<br />2 water<br />1 fruit (varies)<br />1 ginger ale<br /><br />Safety box:<br />fire extinguisher<br />flares<br />whistle<br />2 meter radio<br />cell phone<br />flashlight<br />spare lighting bulbs<br />Tums<br /><br />-W<br /><br />Disclaimer: Not all items consumed or used on any one given day or week. The longer boat is on the water, the greater chance all the stuff will be seen, used, or need restocking.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hello<br /> mmm<br /> a vhf radio,my towboat us card and enough cool beverages to last a breakdown.mostly i make sure my gear is ok before untieing.<br /> good luck and keep posting

jimalsk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

...And don't forget the Duct Tape."It isn't broke,it just lacks Duct Tape"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A selection of Ziplock bags for most of the stuff above, the cellphone, boat paperwork, licenses and border crossing permits.<br /><br />2 sizes of Leatherman tools or quality copies, like Gerber.<br /><br />2 sizes of Sears RoboGrips.<br /><br />Good post, but it belongs in the Boats Forum. Going there.