What's Cooking

dolluper

Captain
Subject: What's for dinner?<br /><br /><br /> <br />A man.. Doug.. feared his wife..Pat.. wasn't hearing as well as she used<br />to and he thought she might need a hearing aid. Not quite sure how<br />to approach her, he called the family Doctor to discuss the problem.<br /> <br />The Doctor told him there is a simple informal test the Husband<br />could perform to give the Doctor a better idea about her hearing<br />loss.<br /> <br /> Here's what you do," said the Doctor, "stand about 40 feet away<br />from her, and in a normal conversational speaking tone see if she hears<br /> you. If not, go to 30 feet, then 20 feet, and so on until you get<br />a response."<br /> <br />That evening, the wife...Pat... is in the kitchen cooking dinner,<br /> and he was in the den. Doug..says to himself, "I'm about 40<br />feet away, let's see what happens."<br /> <br />Then in a normal tone he asks, 'Honey, what's for dinner?"<br /> <br /> No response. So the husband moves to closer to the<br />kitchen, about 30 feet from his wife and repeats, "Honey, what's<br />for dinner?" Still no response.<br /> <br /> Next he moves into the dining room where he is about<br /> 20 feet from his wife and asks, Honey, what's for dinner?" Again<br />he gets no response.<br /> <br /> So, he walks up to the kitchen door, about 10 feet away. "Honey,<br /> what's for dinner?" Again there is no response. So he Walks right<br />up behind her. "Honey, what's for dinner?"<br /> <br /> <br /> <br /> "..Doug..., for the FIFTH time, CHICKEN!"

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: What's Cooking

Originally posted by Reel Poor:<br /> She was probably mumblin tho.<br /><br /> :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Now that sounds like something Mrs.Link would do! <br />Darn women, caint trust em :D

fireman57

Captain
Re: What's Cooking

The other night my bride told me, "Scott, I'm proud of you." and I told her, "I'm tired of you too." Thought she was kidding, now I asked her what she said.