What's Black 'n Blue and Red All Over?

LadyFish

Admiral
ME.<br /><br />Yesterday, we decided to voyage out into the deep blue sea with our boat. This is the first time we've gone offshore with her. Our boat is only 21'9" with a single outboard so we waited until the weather was near perfect and our friend who is a boat captain could go with us and show us some good spots.<br /><br />We went 70 miles round trip and the boat handled well considering the chop. There was absolutely no rythem to the seas yesterday. I even got to captain the boat for about 17 miles which was a good lesson for me in reading the waves.<br /><br />Despite the ride, we caught blue runners, blue fish, durado, trigger fish, a ladyfish, and some beautiful 10+ pound snapper. The porpoises were following us around all day scaring off some of the bigger fish, but it was such a beautiful site I didn't care about the big fish.<br /><br />Today, I feel like I was run over by a Mack truck. My underarm and stomach are black 'n blue from reeling in all those fish. The men thought it was pretty histerical watching me get pounded with a wall of water everytime we hit a wave, I got soaked. Add all that to a little sunburn and muscle aches and you can imagine how I feel today.<br /><br />I haven't been offshore in awhile, and never in a boat as small as ours. I forgot what a workout it can be. <br /><br />We had a really great time, one I will never forget. And thanks to our captain buddy we now have a new mark on our GPS of a sunken shrimpboat where the snapper are big and plentiful. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: What's Black 'n Blue and Red All Over?

Salt spray, sunburn, and tired out arms and back... Sounds about right!.. :D <br /><br />And folks wonder why ya don't go offshore every weekend...<br /><br />I'm wore out just from reading about the adventure....
sleep.gif

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

y'all would have loved to take me along...I would have provided and endless supply of chum! :D <br /><br />Now I remember why I don't go offshore!

LubeDude

Admiral

ROFLMAO :D <br /><br />Glad to hear ya caught some nice fish though, might not have been worth it if ya didnt.<br /><br />Thanks for sharing.