What unusual things does your pet do that makes you chuckle?

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Meet Buddy, my soon-to-be two year old domestic longhair cat...

DSCN0150.jpg

He does two things that make me chuckle. First, he insists on beginning every morning with a hop into my lap to "chew" (I think it's a nursing thing) on my right index finger. It's only my right index finger, too. I've offered other fingers, but he won't have it and will get frosty if I don't comply!

The second is kinda weird, but I get a kick out of it. If I (he doesn't do this with anyone else in the house!) get up to go to the bathroom he will follow me and insist to sit on my lap while I, ahem, am on the throne. If I push him off, he jumps right back up. I tried closing the door but he'll just scratch the door.

I've heard of bar room buddies...but bathroom Buddy?:eek:

erwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: What unusual things does your pet do that makes you chuckle?

My boy dachshund sits up on his butt to beg!
If he's really excited he can actually balance on his two back legs. He's pretty amazing, and a cancer survivor. You can actually see the tumor on his left front leg in the bottom pic. Had it biopsied and it came back positive when he was 4. Then one day it was gone! 3 years later and all is well. :D
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Meet Buddy, my soon-to-be two year old domestic longhair cat...

View attachment 144743

He does two things that make me chuckle. First, he insists on beginning every morning with a hop into my lap to "chew" (I think it's a nursing thing) on my right index finger. It's only my right index finger, too. I've offered other fingers, but he won't have it and will get frosty if I don't comply!

The second is kinda weird, but I get a kick out of it. If I (he doesn't do this with anyone else in the house!) get up to go to the bathroom he will follow me and insist to sit on my lap while I, ahem, am on the throne. If I push him off, he jumps right back up. I tried closing the door but he'll just scratch the door.

I've heard of bar room buddies...but bathroom Buddy?:eek:
The cat 'used' to like to suck on my ear lobe, fixed that issue fast!
As for the throne room, two of them like to sit on the counter and get scratched, the other one likes to bat the door open and closed, which I don't mind unless there are other people in the house, kinda embarissing and could be smelly!!:D

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander

My 1/2 Boxer wasn't born with a 'reverse'. so when she needs to back up she hops backwards. We always get a good laugh out of it.

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My Boxer, Max loves basketballs and soccer balls. He has 4 or 5 in the back yard and all of them are a little low on air. He will pick them up and bring them to you and all but force you to play fetch. He also has a small rubber pig in the house. It's about 7" long and he loves it like a mother loves a new born baby. He will bring it over and push it against my leg to make it squeek. His other favorite past time is laying across my lap. I'll be setting in my recliner and he'll come over and hop up on my lap leaving his back legs on the floor. He must find it comfortable because he will lay there and sleep as long as I'll let him. Max is one week shy of being a year old. Biggest baby I've ever seen. He is constantly doing things that make me laugh. He is definately a clown.

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

We used to have a Cocker Spaniel that used to pout. When he didn't get his way he used to turn his back to you and completely ignore you. We could call his name, pick him up but he would still try to turn away from you. After a while he would get over it and come back to his normal happy self but it usually took a little while.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

How true it is that pets, no matter feline, kanine or otherwise, do bring us alot of humor and pleasure. Keep it coming folks...this is great!

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

Goon, my 160.8 lb American Pit Bull Terrier grunts 3, times when hungry. If you try to touch him, he backs up and turns his head sideways - he looks so serious. It's comical to me because he don't miss any meals, and he definately eats better than me. He also pouts when he gets into trouble - just like a kid. He likes the neighbors kids to ride on him too.
Picture092.jpg

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

My goodness..pony rides anyone?:eek: That's a horsey right there!

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

Sometimes she'd prefer to lie under the dog bed.
I think she thinks we can't see her

hannahCopy.jpg

NO SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS. I AM A MASTER OF DISGUISE. YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE I AM.

Philip_G

Chief Petty Officer

We used to have a Cocker Spaniel that used to pout. When he didn't get his way he used to turn his back to you and completely ignore you. We could call his name, pick him up but he would still try to turn away from you. After a while he would get over it and come back to his normal happy self but it usually took a little while.

I have a springer that's like that pretty much all the time. I think it's a spaniel thing lol

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

These two make me laugh just looking at them. They are something else
HPIM0544.jpg

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

My boy dachshund sits up on his butt to beg!
If he's really excited he can actually balance on his two back legs. He's pretty amazing, and a cancer survivor. You can actually see the tumor on his left front leg in the bottom pic. Had it biopsied and it came back positive when he was 4. Then one day it was gone! 3 years later and all is well. :D
IMG_0196.jpg

IMG_0070.jpg

erwinner...are you sure he's not protecting that stuff on the piano foot in the 2nd pic?:eek:

NewfieDan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have a springer that's like that pretty much all the time. I think it's a spaniel thing lol

He also used to demand cold fresh water. We couldn't just refill his water dish. If the water was not cold enough we would get "a look" and then he would swipe at the dish with his paw, usually making a mess. It was as if he was saying get with the program already. The water had to be cold for him to drink it. There were even a few times we had to add ice to the water before he would drink.

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

My dawgs will lie on their sides on the floor in the den and thump their waging tails on the floor when I walk by or into the room. My wife is jealous because they don't often do this for her. The big puppy 125 lb., also has some very bad gas sometimes and will run us out of the room sometimes even w a ceiling fan on med. speed! I was laying on the couch one day and the big dog, crashed on the floor, let out a rather loud fart, I had some gas of my own and loudly pooted right back at her and her tail went thump, thump, thump, thump on the floor. It made me laugh as I imagined her thinking "good one daddy!" Also as said before our dogs were raised outside only for years and did not know how to back up or reverse because they never had to outside, we started letting them in the house last year as they are getting older and we want them to be comfortable. They would get stuck sometimes around furniture and the coffee table and it was hilarious to watch them learn to walk backwards. They seemed to get excited or happy each time they did it the first few months.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

Just take a look at my avatar and you can see what mine used to do to make me chuckle!

tomdinwv

Senior Chief Petty Officer

My Boxer/German Sheppard (dog in my avatar) mix will be laying in the floor and sneeze. He sneezes so hard he actually bangs his face into the floor. Makes a loud thump and he looks dazed for a minute or two.

aspeck

Staff member

My fish swim around in circles and blow bubbles! :facepalm:

My daughters pit bull liked to climb trees and chew down trees and drag them into the yard (4 & 5 inch trees). She got hit by a car and lost a front leg, so now she just chews the trees, but doesn't climb them. She also loves to chew on wood. When she is at our house she has her own 2x6 that she uses as a chew stick/fetch stick. I have played catch with her with 6-8 inch diameter and 16 inch long fireplace wood! She has a hard time stopping on 3 legs, which usually results in a face plant, but she is right back at it, tail wagging, tongue hanging out, have a blast!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

My fish swim around in circles and blow bubbles! :facepalm:

My daughters pit bull liked to climb trees and chew down trees and drag them into the yard (4 & 5 inch trees). She got hit by a car and lost a front leg, so now she just chews the trees, but doesn't climb them. She also loves to chew on wood. When she is at our house she has her own 2x6 that she uses as a chew stick/fetch stick. I have played catch with her with 6-8 inch diameter and 16 inch long fireplace wood! She has a hard time stopping on 3 legs, which usually results in a face plant, but she is right back at it, tail wagging, tongue hanging out, have a blast!

rotflmao:D

KDAVID1

Chief Petty Officer

He also used to demand cold fresh water. We couldn't just refill his water dish. If the water was not cold enough we would get "a look" and then he would swipe at the dish with his paw, usually making a mess. It was as if he was saying get with the program already. The water had to be cold for him to drink it. There were even a few times we had to add ice to the water before he would drink.

Thats what my wife does for our weiner dogs--spoiled rotten:)