What type/model of outdrive do I have?

amidaeus

Seaman
I have a 1980 Chris Craft Scorpion 210. The engine is a chevy/mercruiser 350ci, 260hp, V8. Is there a specific outdrive that was put on these that year? Is there a tag or ID plate somewhwere that would tell me the model outdrive? Or are there some identifying characters I could see?

sculbert

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What type/model of outdrive do I have?

You need to look at the top side label or top moiddle label and post the serial number stamped on it for anyone to tell you. There are a few posibilities.

amidaeus

Seaman

Thanks...looks like it's an "R" drive.

sculbert

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You can't just go by the picture. That isn't enough info if your planning on doing any work on it. You need to use the serial number and look at the chart under the links on that page. That is the only way to validate your model. There are different pumps and gears inside the unit. If you tried to order parts they are going to ask for a serial number also. There is even different gasket for putting them back together.

amidaeus

Seaman

The serial number located on the top center is 5408297. Does this help?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

amidaeus,<br /><br />The model of your leg is "MC-1". These ran until they were revised in 1983, hence the new designation, "R". In 1986 they received a major revision, "MR" and in 1988 the "Alpha One" was released. That stay around until the "Alpha One - Generation II" in 1991. <br /><br />Thus endouth thy history lesson.

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Sorry guys,<br /><br />I made a mistake. (long story). Home now and checked the book.<br /><br />MC-1 1967-1982<br />"R" 1983-1984<br />"MR" 1985<br />Alpha one 1986-1991<br />Alpha Gen II 1992+<br /><br />Sorry if I have mislead anyone.<br /><br />Chris.............