what to do with OMC outboard controls?

Andy in NY

Commander
my brother in law bought a bass boat last year just for the trailer. the boat is toast... but it had some stuff that i scavenged from it like the fuel tank. then i noticed that the controls were intact, sans key and cables. i know the boat is an 89, but no clue what size motor was on it or what motor these controls will work with. but the wiring is all in tact and it has the tnt buttons built in to the throttle handle and lanyard attachment. its off the right side of a center console.

thoughts on what i should do with it, is it worth trying to sell?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: what to do with OMC outboard controls?

Absolutely worth trying to sell. That control will work with MANY MANY years of OMC motors.

Andy in NY

Commander

how should i list it? what should i try and get for it?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I'm thinking your local CL isn't that busy. eBay may be your best bet (course then you have ship it). Might get $50 for it. Would certainly get more if you had the key.

Andy in NY

Commander

I'm thinking your local CL isn't that busy. eBay may be your best bet (course then you have ship it). Might get $50 for it. Would certainly get more if you had the key.

so how can i describe it so people will know what it will work with?

as for craigslist, i'll probably list it on the vermont cl as well... that gets a good bit of traffic.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

I wonder who's going to buy it with no idea of the year. It can make a difference. For all the trouble and just $50, put them in the back of the garage with other scavenged items, and use them if you repower, or sell them to a friend.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Do you have a picture of the control box? I might be interested in it if it is the same one I have.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for selling to me Andy. It was good dealing with you!

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

oh they should be good as long as they are tight. Mine are so slopped out and loose it's scary LOL

Andy in NY

Commander

oh they should be good as long as they are tight. Mine are so slopped out and loose it's scary LOL

they were tight, and pretty well lubricated. moved very freely. the only thing i noticed was the lanyard safety cut off was tough to get back in.

rolander

Petty Officer 3rd Class

No big deal on the lanyard, I don't use the one I have now LOL!!!