What to do with 14 pounds of swordfish

Wonderful problem to have...I've got 14 pounds of swordfish and don't have a clue what to do with it! I don't think I've ever eaten it, definitely never had to prepare it before, but I've got four chunks of it about the size of a nice sized roast each.

Long story short, I was supposed to be getting some smoked salmon sent to me, someone at the fish place made a mistake and put swordfish in the box instead, they called to let me know about the mistake, said they were getting the correct order sent out to me asap and to enjoy the free swordfish!

Thanks in advance!

skargo

Banned
Re: What to do with 14 pounds of swordfish

If you need my address, I'll pay for the dry ice and packaging! Love swordfish. Cut it up and cook it on the grille like a steak! Med/rare!

dwco5051

Commander

Just passed on some swordfish steaks at the market today because too expensive. My favorite recipe is grilled swordfish steaks with blackened seasoning.

sasto

Captain

grill for us too......almost as much fun eating as catching.

cajunboating

Cadet

x4 no boubt about the grille yea. does not taste like any fish you've had Love those swordfish steaks. cut 1 inch thick about 4 inches wide.
oooooowweeeeeee

okay, may sound like a dumb question but...it's still got the skin from the fish on one side of it, do you trim that off before you cook it, or just leave it on?

Looks like grilling is the way to go here, thanks again ya'll!

sasto

Captain

We leave the skin on and pick it off after cooking. Makes easier grilling for us. Either way......good stuff, and I don't like many fish.

What a mistake on their part :eek:

Almost as nice as my story. Couple of weeks ago. Neighbor flagged me down, cause I'm the "boater" in the neighborhood.

Picked up a 50-LB yellowfin from a boat which he bought it from. Asked me to help clean it which I happily abliged. Brought over my Cabella's commercial grade vac. sealer.

I got about 6-lbs of fresh tuna out of the deal, which was also incredible on the charcoal grill. ;)

Fly Rod

Commander

cut into one inch steaks put on grill with your favorite flavorings.

Fresh sword fish is redish in color, normally white if bought in market.

If red check for worms, hold up to light.

BUDDY123

Seaman

Should have throw it back, so some else had the enjoyment of catching one. Maybe 28 pounder next year.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I have never tried it but it sounds very good! Anything on the grill can be good anyway.
Grilled some catfish steaks a few weeks ago...yum!