What To Buy 1648 Lowe Or 1648 Alumacraft

boater1234

Master Chief Petty Officer
Well going in a whole different direction and taking everyones advice.I need a 1648 for all the stuff and weight i have.I found a 2009 alumacraft ncs= no center seat for around $1550,also found a 2010 1648 lowe jon for $1550 and it was marked down because of a factory screwup.The paint on the inside of the boat is peeling so they marked it down$450 and there is no warranty on the paint because they made a deal with lowe and repainted the boat themselves.The boat comes with it's full warranty on everything else but paint.for $1550 that is a steal but i also like the alumacraft ncs to.So which one is the better deal and why?I like both and don't care which one i get it just is a matter of getting one.Well tell me your thoughts which one is better and why thanks.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: What To Buy 1648 Lowe Or 1648 Alumacraft

I just looked them both up. I like the alumacraft. I like the no center seat with a bit of a platform in the bow. Plus it looks like there's about 80% of the makings of a rear platform as well.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

design choices aside, Lowe's have a good reputation as a solid well-made boat. I don't know about alumacraft.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Alumacraft's rep is just as solid.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

design choices aside, Lowe's have a good reputation as a solid well-made boat. I don't know about alumacraft.

Can't comment on current day production of either. 40 years ago if you wanted an aluminum semi V boat to fish out of, to 16' that I know of, you absolutely could not exceed the product that Alumacraft produced. Bar none, this was the PRIMO of the line. Boats of that era are still popular around here, having spent 40 years sitting in the back yards of their owners, with the elements doing their best to ruin them.....which they weren't able to do.

Had the Lowe Lake John, wider than the normal John with much higher sides. For a John this was probably a primo product; never saw an Alumacraft john if they made such. If you don't know what Primo is, it is the national beer of Hawaii, but it only comes in 11 0z containers........................but the taste is excellent....if that indicates what the word PRIMO means.

Mark