What the devil is the problem with this site? I need a password!

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
When I first signed on here I picked a "Handle" name & promptly forgot the password. After repeated mailings to I boats, with no response, I finally decided to get another name. This one, because I boats wouldn't give me my password. Now, I have another one too because I am to stupid to make this one work on another computer. Guess what? I wanted to post from the "other" computer with another name & I am doing the same thing again. Why can't these morons give me the f-ing password? This is not a matter of national security here. Yes, I am a moron too for not having the word with me when I travel, but, why can't I get the dam password? Is anybody there?

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: What the devil is the problem with this site? I need a password!

On a few occasions I have conversed with iboats via e-mail and have recieved prompt replies.<br /><br />Maybe the're not recieving your mail. Maybe your not recieving their mail. How did you log on this time?<br /><br />EDIT: If you don't delete the iboats cookie you will stay logged on even if you close the site.<br /><br />Aldo

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

errrrrrrrr, hello, your on now.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I agree with Aldo. I have only had to converse with the iboats mods a couple of times and have gotten prompt responses every time. Including the password request I sent. It might have to do with the contact e-mail listed in your profile. Either in the old or new.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SpinnerBait_Nut

I don't think the mods have access to passwords, you might want to shoot an email to landon@iboats.com<br />I think he along with admin5 can handle this.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) seems to be working !!! you're on it now!!!!<br /><br />Since you are a self proclaimed "MORON"!!! :D :D Maybe that ought to be your password and as a moron you will not forget it!!!! :p :p

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> errrrrrrrr, hello, your on now.
-- "Breaker, Breaker iboats for a 'puter check.. kicke'r back."<br /><br /><br /> :D :D

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by BinLurkin:<br /> "When I first signed on here I picked a "Handle" name & promptly forgot the password."<br /><br />Maybe you could try picking something easy like ABC? :rolleyes: <br /><br /> "I finally decided to get another name. This one, because I boats wouldn't give me my password. Now, I have another one too because I am to stupid to make this one work on another computer."<br /><br />And this is their problem how? :confused: <br /><br /> "Why can't these morons give me the f-ing password?"<br /><br />They are morons because they do what you and iboats agreed to when you signed on? Sheesh!

Triton II

Commander

You wouldn't have a brother called BinLaden by any chance? :p

Homerr

Commander

Welcome aboard BinLurkin!!<br /><br />H.

ob

Admiral

If I'm not mistaken iboats assigned me a password when I originally signed on as a memeber ,and e-mailed it to me for future reference.Any time in the past that I wasn't 'logged in' there was an option to have my password e-mailed back to me if by chance I had forgotten what it was.The e-mail always came back with the password within a minute or so.In short,I've never had a problem.<br /><br />Why so much anger for something so simple as a password?And by the way,as mentioned a couple of times above,you're here now.I think. :rolleyes:

aspeck

Staff member

BL, had the same problem at one point. Found out iBoats was not the problem. For security purposes they will only give you a new password and send it to the email addy they have on record. Did you by chance change email addies since you joined? At the time I was working from a different email addy, and because of location I couldn't log on to my regular email site. When I got to my original email addy I found about 5 different emails from them. They were trying to help, I just wasn't hearing.<br /><br />Just a thought - might be your problem.

NYMINUTE

Captain

BL.. you are on. Now you need a cool avatar. That'll push you over the edge. Mine was a killer to get going. :p

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

All you have to do is click the "For assistance finding your registered login and/or password, click here." link on the login page, and enter your email address you registered with. The system will automatically and immediately send you your password via email.

dolluper

Captain

Dum and dummer x three Hummmm

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Stiff Nibbles:<br /> All you have to do is click the "For assistance finding your registered login and/or password, click here." link on the login page, and enter your email address you registered with. The system will automatically and immediately send you your password via email.
Spot on Stiff.<br />That works cause I just did it on one of my other puters and it works instantly.

Stumpknocker

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Password?

D

DJ

I use a password. What's the big deal?

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

BinLurkin; had the same problem. The last few days I couldn't logon -- after being auto loged in for a while I got dropped. Sent request as per logon page -- nothing. Read this thread; tried my other email address, switched to email inbox -- message with password was there!! now that's fast response!!<br /><br />Pays to remember what email you use where.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Okay... I too have had problems but they are all straightened out.<br /><br />Portions of the problem have been on my end due to I was using an e-mail account that was blocking e-mails. I trashed that account.<br /><br />You can be logged on using two differant computers I had done this endless times and they both stay logged on.<br /><br />I will defend the iboats folks and state they are not morons....there might be computer issues but on your end.<br /><br />It's obvious that there is a memory issue and my response is just to write stuff down.<br /><br />Bob