What sealent for trim distribution block?

cruiser83

Seaman
Not sure what it's called but what should i use to reseal it? I would think its called a distribution block for trim rams? Can't find any gaskets on the schematics.

Attachments

• IMG_20220608_222912.jpg
    IMG_20220608_222912.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

achris

More fish than mountain goat
What drive are you working on? Different gasket depending on the drive... (MC1, R, MR, Alpha One, Alpha One Gen II)

(and looking at the photo it appears as if someone painted the anodes. 🤦‍♂️)

Chris.......

Last edited:

jhamblett

Seaman
I made my own with gasket material. I suppose you could get away with buytl tape. I'll probably get roasted for saying it but it has worked for me.

cruiser83

Seaman
It's a 1980 mc1 "pre alpha". Ya after whatvi been through with this boat it wouldn't surprise me that some one painted the anodes. Looks like the previous owner or whoever worked on it just used some kind of sealent and no gasket.

achris

More fish than mountain goat
It's a 1980 mc1 "pre alpha".
Yep, MC1 is before the Alpha One, as is R,MR, all of the Ez-shift series, the 'O' drives, TR and TRS, and any other drive made before 1986.
Ya after whatvi been through with this boat it wouldn't surprise me that some one painted the anodes. Looks like the previous owner or whoever worked on it just used some kind of sealent and no gasket.
Yeah, people are lazy. That gasket is a pain to replace, but given it could sink the boati think the time and trouble would be worth it.

Chris....