What Price Freedom?

KaGee

Admiral
Take a look at the following death statistics.<br /><br />57,476, Killed in WW I<br /><br />291,557, Killed 670,846 Wounded WW II<br /><br />36,568, Killed in the Korean Conflict<br /><br />58,178, Killed in Vietnam<br /><br />There were 1.31 million abortions in the year 2000. (Alan Gutmacher Institute)<br /><br />Deaths from Automobile accidents injury: 42,443 deaths in USA 2001 (CDC);<br /><br />Annual Causes of Deaths in the US (CDC)<br />Estimated U.S. deaths in 2000 attributed to: <br />Tobacco (Average 1990 - 94): ................................. 430,700<br />Alcohol (1996): ................................................. 110,640<br />Adverse Reactions to Prescription Drugs (1982 / 1998): .. 32,000<br />Suicide (1998): .................................................. 30,575<br />Homicide (1998): ............................................... 18,272<br />All licit and illicit drug-induced deaths (1998): ............. 16,926<br />Non-Steroidal Anti- Inflammatory Drugs (1992):............ 7,600<br /><br />World Trade Center..... 3,000<br /><br />The Pacifists and Liberals are flipping out over the loss of just over 1,000 troops since the beginning of conflict in Iraq. Reasoning that this conflict has nothing to do with the War on Terrorism or the security of the USA.<br /><br />So I ask them and you, what is our freedom and security worth?

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: What Price Freedom?

"War is costly.............but freedom is priceless!"

rogerwa

Commander

WE have 150,000 or so troops in Iraq right now.. In a city of equal size what is the mortality rate for a year?? Considering the conditions, 1000 is very low..

Last year, around 20,000 people worldwide died in battle, the lowest number in the post-World War II era, reports the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute.<br /><br />There were 19 major wars in progress in 2003, compared with 33 a decade ago. - Associated Press

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

1.3 million murders last year and they don't seem to care. In fact, they now want to snuff out a life just as it begins to look at the world.(Partial birth abortions)

NOSLEEP

Commander

samagee, its the liberal way don't ya know. :( <br /><br />Having read and followed these debates on the<br />forum for the last few years. I've noticed a<br />common denominator among the liberal participants.<br />Self is extremely important, the farther left you<br />go the more important self becomes.<br />I noticed as the liberalism veers to the left,the<br />more transparent the ME generation is.

gaugeguy

Captain

Every serviceman over there signed on for this, there is nobody over there that did not volunteer to put his/her life on the line. It is much better to fight the terrorists in their backyard instead of ours.<br /><br />I have heard of National Guard and Reserve troops and their families complain that they don't want to be deployed or called up again...and the Dems are saying that after the election there is going to be another huge call-up. I say GOOD!! These people have been collecting a paycheck for a long time only doing their 1 weekend a month, 2 weeks a year. It's time to put that training to good use boys, stop whining and due what YOU ARE GETTING PAID TO DO.<br /><br />Freedom isn't free.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

And last I checked, the Reserves are also voluntary. You knew the risks when you signed up, now accept the obligations that you committed to! If you're so afraid of getting deployed, then you shouldn't have signed up for the Reserves in the first place...

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br /> And last I checked, the Reserves are also voluntary. You knew the risks when you signed up, now accept the obligations that you committed to! If you're so afraid of getting deployed, then you shouldn't have signed up for the Reserves in the first place...
AMEN!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Guageguy, you said a mouthfull.<br /><br />These men signed up voluntarily to do a job. Unfortunately, and tragically, it is a very dangerous job, and sometimes that means people do not survive. That is the way it is. <br /><br />Objectively, everyone who is wearing a uniform signed up for a job that they knew could mean their death. <br /><br />I don't want to come across as someone who does not know or care about the importance of Human Life. I do. I am a veteran of the United States Navy, and am proud of the time I served. My family has a history of military service, and that, too, I am proud of. I had to go places and do things in the military that I did not like, but I went there, and did it, as ordered, because that was the job I took. If the job required my death, then that was the job, and I was willing to run that risk.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I suspect that our troops are safer in Iraq, statistically, than on highways in the USA.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

and... almost ALL branches acheived enlistment<br />goals this year, so, MANY are "continuing" to sign<br />up! (only the national guard fell a bit short)

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I suspect that our troops are safer in Iraq, statistically, than on highways in the USA.
How true.<br /><br />Welcome back. Read your post in the other section. Too bad you only caught one. That's one more than I've ever caught.<br /><br />Ralph... Thanks!