What? Oh no!

kinsmen

Cadet
Well, I did the sht thing by lending my boat to someone. It seemed odd that this person would not talk to me or return my boat three days after borrowing it. Now I know why. He blew a tire, replaced both, (nice), filled up a 12 gallon tank with 17 gallons ;) , and the cuda graw, he ran the bow hard of port into a boulder. The damage is difficult to fix because it is the upper molding.I posted to the restore section of this forum for advise. Morrow, don't lend anything without being ready for the sacrifice.

brother chris

Commander
Re: What? Oh no!

Ahhh....the lovely "lend your boat to a friend" story. <br />Been there, won't do it again. NEVER!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I'm curious about the 17 gallons in a 12 gallon tank.

gonefishie

Commander

It's illegal in our state to let someone else operate your boat without your presence.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by gonefishie:<br /> It's illegal in our state to let someone else operate your boat without your presence.
What? Too many friends killing each other? :D

gonefishie

Commander

quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Originally posted by gonefishie:<br />It's illegal in our state to let someone else operate your boat without your presence. <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />What? Too many friends killing each other? <br /><br />--------------------<br />In God we trust, all others show us your data . . .<br /><br />Well, after all there are a bunch of rednecks here. :D <br />I don't know the exact reason but read it in the boating law.

kinsmen

Cadet

jtexas, your not the only one curious about the 17 gallons in a 12 gallon tank, i'm curious as well but he showed me the receipt.

Marauderk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will let my family use my boat but not my closest friend lol. I will take them out whenever they want but will not let the take it out without me

FSHKPR

Ensign

the only one who uses my boat is my dad and he wont. my son in law has asked a couple times and i always say yes. as i am pointing to the little 12 foot row boat behind the garage.

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

My friend who is blonde, asked me if she could use my boat this year to take out on the lake, sense hers is not running. I asked her where she was planning to go? I, of course have all the local lakes in a 75 mile radius in my phone book ready for action. Then I gave her the phone number where she could rent a boat for the weekend on whiskeytown. Her reply back was, But doesn't that cost money. YEP, but less than boat repairs.. She never asked again and her boat is still is dry docked in her field with her horse's that she doesn't know how to saddle up..

spiller

Cadet

haha yeah, I lent my boat to a friend last year, he took it out with his old man and came back missing a fin off the prop and a cracked windscreen!

joblo33

Chief Petty Officer

I lent an outboard to a friend while he was shopping for a new one this year and about a week after he bought the new engine I asked for mine back and he told me he had lent it to his friend! :mad: And get this: His friend needed to borrow my engine because he forgot the oil in his and had blown it up! Amazingly the engine survived but I'll never lend anything to him again.<br />Eric

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

In sixty-seven,I had Sea-Ray with a 90hpRude,six months old.I let my buddy borrow.He brought it back .Said I think it locked up.He didnt put oil in.I blamed myself.