What model & year is this? Worth any love?

Hdezonboats

Recruit
Dad has this old boat. I'm not sure how old it is or if its even worth any love or effort. Can someone tell me what year & model this is? Its bare and needs a lot. Should I just trash it? Thank you.IMG_6439.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6440.jpeg
    IMG_6440.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6442.jpeg
    IMG_6442.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6441.jpeg
    IMG_6441.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5

88 Capri (2022 SOTY)

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Dad has this old boat. I'm not sure how old it is or if its even worth any love or effort. Can someone tell me what year & model this is? Its bare and needs a lot. Should I just trash it? Thank you.View attachment 386012
If it has sentimental value then of course yes or if you just like the boat.
Any boat is a lot of work bringing them back but the accomplishment that you feel is priceless should you do it.
There is a wealth of knowledge here.
I would suggest posting this in the restoration forum to get more input should you decide to take on this as a project.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
That would have been a early 70s Bass Boat. If the Floor and Transom are still solid, you could get some use out of it, with a relatively small amount of money, but boats like this usually end up being Money Pits

Hdezonboats

Recruit
That would have been a early 70s Bass Boat. If the Floor and Transom are still solid, you could get some use out of it, with a relatively small amount of money, but boats like this usually end up being Money Pits
Thank you! Good info. Helps make my decision!