What Model Starcraft Is It?

dubzzz

Cadet
I Just Bought My First Boat And Am Wondering What Kind Of Starcraft It Is? There Is No Floor And The Seats Have Been Replaced Im Looking For The Name And Maybe Some Pictures Of What It Looked Like In 1971. At Some Point I Will Be Adding A Floor And Would Like To Restore It As Much As Possible To The Orinagal

Thanks
Dubzzz

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4

Huron Angler

Admiral
Re: What Model Starcraft Is It?

Welcome to the Starcraft club dubzzz!

That rig looks like a Nassau or Jet maybe?

The flatness of the stern bottom indicates that it's not a Jupiter(I think)

There are a few folks on the site that can tell you for sure...a couple different closed-bow models out there.

Looks like it was modified to let people ride up front, kinda neat.

There's a brochures link in my signature if you want to check out the specs to ID the hull.

Good luck!

dubzzz

Cadet

Thanks I Took A Quick Look Through The Brochures I Think It Looks Like The 16' Holiday But I'm Not Too Sure. I Had Thought That Too About The Bow But There Is No Indcation That Seats Were Ever Installed Up There I Think It Was Just A Boched Restore Job. What Sould be Covering That Aluminum Or Wood? Or Maybe Something Else?

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nice lookin tin looks to me like a holiday with that dash across like that.
The dash looks the shape of my 16 ft holiday is there a HIN# on the back of the boat?

dubzzz

Cadet

There Is No #HIN The Transom Has Been Replaced It's Also Missing The Complince Label.... It does look very clos to yours.. what did you use to cover the bow?

bananaboater

Ensign

Welcome. Measure the length from the transom to the bow. That will help begin to narrow down the possibles. The open bow is likely a modification. Can you take some closer pics? Exactly what does the finish look like where the bow was cut out? What does the interior look like, ribs, etc. The interior stern might give us some clues too. Interesting looking SC.

Daltonxj

Petty Officer 1st Class

my '79 is covered with aluminum bow. best to take lots of pics of inside ribs, bow area, transome area, dash area, and sides....maybe we can help narrow it down..

dubzzz

Cadet

I Will Take And Post A Ton Of Pictures On Sunday When I HAve Some Time To Get Back Out To It

lakelover

Rear Admiral

It looks a lot like a Jet or Jet Star that has been modified. The length and someone who knows more about it than me can probably help with the ID. The splash pan and what I can see of the interior design makes me think one of the above.

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Since the dash looks to be custom made of wood, I do not believe it to be original. The bow section looks to be factory, similar to the SS how ever the section on the forward bow with the nav light is to short to be an SS.

If you look at the 1982 brochure, it looks to be an FM 160 one of Starcrafts bass boats. That would be my best guess.

Jeff

dubzzz

Cadet

Thanks Jeff When I Bought The Boat The Guy Told Me It Was A 74 And Now Your Saying A 82... Umm Its Going To Be Really Hard To Restore It The The Oranigal Maybe A 74 Up Front With A 82 Stern?

wvmedic

Chief Petty Officer

Since the dash looks to be custom made of wood, I do not believe it to be original. The bow section looks to be factory, similar to the SS how ever the section on the forward bow with the nav light is to short to be an SS.

If you look at the 1982 brochure, it looks to be an FM 160 one of Starcrafts bass boats. That would be my best guess.

Jeff

No I didn't say it was an 1982, I said if you look at the 1982 brochure. I am not sure when they started making the bass boats, but it resembles them.

Jeff