what model is this Starcraft?

WBowness

Cadet
Can anyone identify the model of this starcraft? It is 16' with a 118hp I/O
Starcraft.jpg

barato2

Commander
Re: what model is this Starcraft?

probably Holiday if it's tin. but i don;t see rivets. glass or alum hull?

barato2

Commander

i just happen to have a 1964 catalog in front of me. my best guess would be it's either a Newport-V or a Polaris, as those are the only 2 glasser runabouts listed. i'm guessing Newport given the "depth" of the hull. best way to tell em apart is to measure the transom height and width: Newport is 74" wide and 37" high, Polaris is 66 wide. i also don't think the Polaris came in I/O.

WBowness

Cadet

i just happen to have a 1964 catalog in front of me. my best guess would be it's either a Newport-V or a Polaris, as those are the only 2 glasser runabouts listed. i'm guessing Newport given the "depth" of the hull. best way to tell em apart is to measure the transom height and width: Newport is 74" wide and 37" high, Polaris is 66 wide. i also don't think the Polaris came in I/O.

Thanks, barato! I'm looking at possibly buying this boat. The seller is asking $1,500. The floor and hull seem to be sound. the motor runs well and gauges all work. Interior is in fair-good condition.

Is the price in the "ball park"?

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Welcome to iboats! I would say that is way overpriced for an almost 50 year old glass boat. Does the engine run ? Its up to you how much it is worth to you, but I would not even think about an unknown glasser for over a grand, probably a good bit less. If the transom is not rotten yet, it likely will. Same is true with an aluminum hull, just will the tin boats a transom replacement is fairly simple and fast.

North Beach

Commander

Wbowness, here's the page for your boat out of the 65 brochure. In 65 Starcraft only offered one model in glass at 16' with an I/O and that was the Newport. Also the only option in 65, 66, etc was a 60 hp or 110 hp and the two glass models offered in your year, the Newport, and the 22' Imperial both came with the 110. Mercruiser made other models, but the next step up is a 120 hp.

65 Newport.jpg

Welcome to iboats.....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Thanks, barato! I'm looking at possibly buying this boat. The seller is asking $1,500. The floor and hull seem to be sound. the motor runs well and gauges all work. Interior is in fair-good condition.

Is the price in the "ball park"?

If the boat is ready to be dropped in the water and run, the price is fair.

If the powerplant is anything other than a Mercruiser, don't buy it.