What kind of glue/cement for attaching fin boxes to PVC skirt?

jplee3

Cadet
Hi all,

Was curious what the best kind of glue or cement is that I should use when attaching a fin box to the PVC skirt (shiny non-inflated/non-inflatable portion) of an inflatable kaboat type boat or float tube. This is for mounting one of those SUP type motors (like a Bixpy).

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to IBoats,

Any good quality 2 part PVC glue, that's PVC Glue and Hardener, just follow gluing instructions...

Happy Boating

jplee3

Cadet
Welcome to IBoats,

Any good quality 2 part PVC glue, that's PVC Glue and Hardener, just follow gluing instructions...

Happy Boating
Thanks! I noticed the float tube and inflatable I have come with the orange tube with patches and cement glue - should I avoid using that stuff or any "one-shot" kind of mixture and definitely go with the 2-part stuff? For the 2-part do you mix it together (like epoxy) and then apply?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Thanks! I noticed the float tube and inflatable I have come with the orange tube with patches and cement glue - should I avoid using that stuff or any "one-shot" kind of mixture and definitely go with the 2-part stuff? For the 2-part do you mix it together (like epoxy) and then apply?
If you mean the patch kit that comes with every inflatable with just the glue and patch, it's only good for emergency patching situations, will not hold nor last that long compared to 2 part glue and hardener. Check IBoats, Amazon, West Marine, Defender for them. Mix and apply as indicated by the manufacturer....

Happy Boating