What is this pinched tube and broken tee?

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
2004 Suzuki DF140. I removed the stb side lower cover and found a broken tee and a small tube pinched completely flat. One branch goes into the bundle with the controls and wiring headed forward. The other branch goes to a crankcase fitting. It seems like the breather circuit. Can anyone speak to whether this could cause poor performance or any other problems and what is it?

Attachments

• D4692035-03E7-45B0-8900-CEADBF56C05A.jpeg
    D4692035-03E7-45B0-8900-CEADBF56C05A.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

mike_i

Master Chief Petty Officer
Can you circle or highlight the area you're referring to? Are you having an issue with the motor?

Crispin

Seaman Apprentice
Can you circle or highlight the area you're referring to? Are you having an issue with the motor?
If you look below and to the right of the oil filter, you can see the broken tee. If you follow the run on that tee, it’s harder to see the flat spot. The tubing was smashed in the cowling halves and permanently molded flat. It’s the water pressure line and specifically the water pressure “kit” (tee and line) that was added because this boat had a water pressure gauge on the dash. I’m thinking water had to be spraying from that broken tee. For now, I have eliminated the gauge line and replaced the tee with a straight connector.
I found it was tricky making sure that line was out of the way when installing the stb side lower cover.