what is the best repair manual

grantrs

Seaman Apprentice
ive got a 82 25hp evinrude, i've recently got a workshop manual for it, that doesnt really provide a great deal of info.<br /><br />what are the SELOC books like ??

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: what is the best repair manual

you need the omc year and hp specific, manual. kencook.com doesn't show it. some one else, will be along with more info.

grantrs

Seaman Apprentice

i think there is a seloc one that is only the 25hp 82, but i want to be sure its usefull before i buy it. <br />The one i've got now is like a picture book, it simply has picture and words as to what the bits are called and not how to fix the thing.

floatingwoody2006

Chief Petty Officer

From experience i can say the older seloc manuals covering multiple years are not a great resource. Maybe they have improved, but i paid 32 bucks for the one i have, and i dont feel like i did myself any favors..Just my 2 cents.

wilde1j

Vice Admiral

The OEM manual is the ONLY one worth owning.

rdgallo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Don't buy anything but the OEM manual. I bought something else and then bought the OEM manual in order to have what I needed.

grantrs

Seaman Apprentice

Having said find OEM manual, where do i find one for this engine??<br /><br />i have looked allmost everywhere and cant find one for it.<br /><br />1982 25hp evinrude

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Grantrs,<br /><br /> You can find a Factory Manual at the link below. You will need your model number to get the correct one....<br /><br /> web page

grantrs

Seaman Apprentice

yeh thats the other problem, i have found some but not directly relating to the model number<br />.<br /> mine is e25rcnb

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

are u sure about the b on the end? Because I found E25RCN is a 1982 25hp.<br />Manuals here: 1982 E25RCN

grantrs

Seaman Apprentice

Yes there is the B on the end, i have since searched. R = rope Cn = 82 B = no idea.<br /><br />$92 US seems like a lot of money for a service manual, or do i just want the owners manual?

coleman kayak1

Petty Officer 1st Class

Found a New Guide:<br />E= Evinrude<br />25= 25 HP<br />RC= Commercial, Rope Start, CD Ign.<br />_ (No letter)= 15" (short) shaft<br />N= 2 (1982)<br />B= Model Run ( some sort of id to find precise time of production, i assume)<br /><br />Now, I don't really know, but if model run doesen't make that much difference, the manual I put would be ok. And yes, u need the service manual, not the user manual.<br /><br />EDIT: Maybe that manual covers all model runs?