What is the best oil for 1994 90HP 2 stroke Force?

tiras_usa

Cadet
Hello folks,<br /><br />Couple month ago I purchased my first boat: 1994 Trophy 1802 WA with 90HP Force.<br />And I have couple questions:<br /><br />1. What is the best oil for 1994 90HP 2 stroke Force?<br />2. How often should I use decarb cleaner and what cleaner is the best one?<br />3. What is the recommended RPM (MAX, Cruse) for this engine (engine has been rebuild recently)?<br />4. What kind or brand spark plugs should I use?<br /><br />Thanks in advance,<br /><br />Alex_A

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: What is the best oil for 1994 90HP 2 stroke Force?

1. A better oil than they were using prior to the overhaul.<br />2. More often and better brand than the one they were using prior to the overhaul.<br />3. Fewer RPMs than they were running prior to the overhaul.<br />4. A brand different than the one it had prior to the overhaul.<br /><br /> ;) Bus Seriously Folks... ;) <br /><br />1. Merc's 2-stroke oils are good.<br />2. Merc's Power Tune is good.<br />3. Prop it to run at 5500 RPMs with an average load, then run it at 3/4 throttle.<br />4. Champion or NGK. Flip a coin.

phatmanmike

Captain

any oil that is tcw-3 certified will be fine.<br /><br />you should decarb once a year<br /><br />i dont know rpm, probably around 5500<br /><br />go to sparkplug.com to find out

tiras_usa

Cadet

THANKS<br /> <br />º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º° >(((((*> °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°°

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Moving to FORCE troubles.

LubeDude

Admiral

I dont think its any secret that it was a bad ring design and carbon that kills these engines in the first place. Hopefully with the rebuild the ring problem is eliminated from the equation, therefore leaving the carbon issue. If you run a regular TC-W3 oil, you need to decarb every fall before you put it away, also you need to use an 87 octane fuel as anything higher may make the carbon issue worse. If it were me I would use 100% Synthetic in this engine providing it was broken in as per manufactures requirements first. Make sure your filters are changed regularly and maybe put in a water separating fuel filter. Make sure your fuel lines are newer so you do not get anything into one of the carbs that could cause a lean condition. This engine will treat you like you treat it. Not much room with these engines for sloppy maintenance.

tiras_usa

Cadet

Thanks LubeDude,<br /><br />You are right about these engines.<br />It just burned the stator! .... dispute the fact that I was really nice to it.<br />Good thing that I bought kicking motor so I was able to get back to marina (doing 2Mph .......)<br /><br />Got to love Force!