What is included in an engine cover assy

BigBassin78

Seaman
As the title asks, does anyone know what is included in a new part from boatsnet 1995 Johnson 150 engine cover assy. The price of 250$ seems just too good to be true. Is it just the painted fiberglass? No hooks ducts decals?? Or is it complete? The reason I ask is that the part says assembly, usually meaning a sum of parts...anyone bought one before, therefore can tell me what I would be buying??

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is included in an engine cover assy

First of all I'm surprised to see you are still able to buy one. Every Cowling I've searched for was deemed obsolete. So maybe you can still buy the complete assembly. I would email boatsnet and ask before plopping down your money and find out for certain. If they also offer individual parts with their own item numbers and prices and one such number does say assembly, then it could be the total assembly like you believe. But ask first and make sure. It is a simple effort to email and find out...

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: What is included in an engine cover assy

If mentioned as an "Assembly" should come complete as front and rear locking parts are usually riveted to cowl. Being an old part, these guys would preffer $ 250 in their pocket than $ 250 sitting forever on a shelf...

Happy Boating