What is a 1/2 child

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
On an electronic form at work, you can optionally fill in information about your family. Along with all the other normal selections (spouse, children, stepchildren, father, mother) are<br /><br />1/2 child<br />Testator<br />Additional Spouse<br /><br />What the heck are these?<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral
Re: What is a 1/2 child

I belive they are thinking step child? :confused: <br /><br />EDIT: <br />TESTATOR<br />NOUN: <br />One who has made a legally valid will before death

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Yes 1/2 I have 1 half brother and 3 half sisters but I don't add them up.<br /><br /><br />Bob

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Additional spouse? One is plenty.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Stepchild is already an option. What would be the difference between a stepchild and a 1/2 child?<br /><br />I assume sdditional spouse os for the Muslim employees? We are a global company.<br /><br />I agree dave, I get enough (*^%(% from one spouse.<br /><br />They even have an option for "partner".<br /><br />Ken

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

1/2 child is Biblical, from 1st Kings chapter 3 (involving two women each claiming the same child as her own):<br />" 24And the king said, Bring me a sword. And they brought a sword before the king. <br /> 25And the king said, Divide the living child in two, and give half to the one, and half to the other."

oddjob

Commander

Theres no such thing as a half child.<br /><br />Thats funny JTexas I was thinking of that also.

Carphunter

Commander

They are half as likely to get in half the trouble half the time.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ok DJ, this is getting scary.<br />This makes I don't know how many times we have posted at the same time. :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Could it be a child with whom you share custody with a former wife? Claiming half support on your IRS forms?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

JB, good idea, but considering this is just for information purposes, and not to be used in any legal way, I find it a little out of place.<br /><br />I think 1/2 wit is more appropriate. :D <br /><br />Ken

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I wasnt even going to touch the testator?<br /><br />Wouldnt that also be known as the wife? (missing a few letters though) :D <br /><br />Ken

ob

Admiral

I beieve JB has it on the 1/2 child.I think it has something to do with whether the employee is paying child support.