what does your washing machine EAT

tommays

Admiral
we had a top load machine for years that would EAT a sock or something 3 or times a year :mad: <br /><br />resulting in the usual mess of sucking out the water and removeing it from the pump :mad: <br /><br />SO when it died we bought an front loading Energy Star modle :D <br /><br />it doesent eat socks but likes to eat pennys and guitar picks
f210209e.jpg
<br /> <br />the good part was when i opened the front cover the water pump had perfect access and it was easy to get the stuff out :D <br /><br /><br />now here is the kicker somehow a penny made it through the pump and 5'of hose and blocked it at the drain :eek: <br /><br />tommays

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
Re: what does your washing machine EAT

Our Maytag has never eaten anything, or if it did, it fully digested it - without flatulence.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

SOCKS :D <br /><br />I have a drawer thats full of odd socks, the only explanation that i can come up with is that the darn washing machine ate their mates :confused:

grotmeister

Seaman Apprentice

had a bag of 73 odd socks, somewhere out there, there are another 73. eventually threw away the bag and bought 20 pairs of identical socks, now down to 8 pairs but at least they all match!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

It doesn't eat socks, it dematerializes them.<br /><br />They rematerialize as wire coat hangers in my closet.

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Socks! But it doesn't matter! A wise mentor in my youth gave me some sage advise. Never by a shirt, suit, jacket, pants or tie that doesn't go together. Always buy the same brand and color of socks. Cuts down on decisions when getting ready in the morning.<br /><br />Followed the advise; one brand black dress and one brand white socks. Nice thing is one gets worn or torn -- throw it away as every sock matches. Wife likes as no need to match socks except for color.

treedancer

Commander

Washing machine? I always thought it was the dryer.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Socks, but like others, have bought all the socks the same, so no more odd socks.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Little babies socks. This taught me a good lesson. There is no back to the pump. When you take the pump apart, all the water falls out on the floor. <br /><br />There is a lot of water in a maytag!

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

washer.jpg
<br /><br />Feeeeeeed Meeeeeee

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Yep, rascal eats an occassional sock.<br /><br />Dave..

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ours used to have an appetite for socks, then moved on to the youngest's t-shirts.