What does V1900 mean on a prop? Brand?

jjboor

Seaman
I found a 19 pitch prop. And I'm trying to find out if it's the right prop for my '88 120HP Evinrude. <br />but all it says is V1900 on the prop. Can anybody tell me if that's a code used by a special manufacturer?<br />And if it would be the right prop? It does fit but I don't know for sure if that makes it the right prop.<br /><br />Thanks Again!

manitoba1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: What does V1900 mean on a prop? Brand?

V1900 is a term used by Sukuki for an aluminum V-series(cupped) prop 19 pitch. I'm not absolutely sure but it may fit the evinrude provided the splines and spacers match up.

walleyehed

Admiral

The hub on the V1900 requires a special thrust washer to work on J/E. This prop would need to have a 13 spline hub to work on your 120.

jjboor

Seaman

Thanks all! wow I love getting good info! yes the prop has a 13 spline hub on it does that mean it works? I'm getting it cheap through internet so I think I'm going to go for it.<br /><br />That is if: 19 pitch cupped equals 21 uncupped? maybe that is a bit over the top for my combo? A Glastron GT-160 with a '88 120HP V4 Evinrude.<br />I haven't been able to hookup my tach(working on it) so I'm a bit in the dark here.<br /><br />@ the moment I'm getting 50 MPH out of her with fishing load and fishing buddy. On a dinged up 13 1/4x17. I'm not keeping here there for long because she sounds a if she's over reving(if that's the word)The engine doesn't purr like @40MPH <br /><br />I hope somebody can tell me something based on this "tachless" info. I use the boat for wakeboarding and fishing is this cupped prop maybe a good xtra or over the top?

jim dozier

Lieutenant Commander

Before you purchase this prop or any other either get your tachometer hooked up or buy a Tiny Tach on the internet. As someone who should know better I found when I finally hooked up a tach on my own engine that my rpms were about 1000 rpm off. I had no idea from the sound of my engine. You are flailing around in the dark. Get a tach and prop your engine for the max rpm in an unloaded boat.

jjboor

Seaman

aye aye, lieutenant! I will, I'm on the case 2morrow! Thanks, I'll hold my horses!

walleyehed

Admiral

Lets assume just for the sake of discussing this matter, that your speedo is accurate...with the 17 pitch prop, that would put you in the 6300-6500RPM range.<br />Get your tach working and prop as close to 6000 as you can get...5800 would be OK.