What do you think about the product SEA FOAM??

ghostrider

Seaman
I posted an answer to an earlier thread about a cold start problem. i suggested to him that he try the product listed in my subject. I use this product in all I own and recomend it to all I meet. What is your experience with the product? If you are not familiar with Sea Foam. Here is the web site. <br /><br />www.seafoamsales.com

D

DJ

Re: What do you think about the product SEA FOAM??

1969,<br /><br />I've used it for years. Still do. Great stuff.

Trent

Captain

Good stuff...So is Berryman's B12. I also have used it for years!

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

Use it once a year, every year. Great Stuff!

V156

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I use in my car,boat and any other motor I have. It really works and is a great fuel stabilizer.<br /><br />Dutch

rolmops

Vice Admiral

I use it in all my motors as decarb,carburator cleaner and fuel stabilizer,I even considered drinking it myself.

miloman

Lieutenant Junior Grade

interesting stuff that seafoam can you use it to clean the carbd from gum deposits

ghostrider

Seaman

miloman, the first three replies to this post were from seasoned boaters. i have gone back reviewing old threads and those three guys really know their boat stuff. my suggestion to you is to use the product and see for yourself. check out the web site listed in this initial thread.<br />I even use a can in the crankcase at every oil change of my vehicles. the last two vehicles i got rid of both had over 150K on them. I'm an stickler for doing the scheduled maintenance on my vehicles. The in-laws live in Texas so i take some long drives, and i must have good running equipment. ;) :cool:

Kenny Bush

Chief Petty Officer

Seafoam works great for me in the gas tanks of all my internal combustion engines. As in my earlier posts to other members, I have about 25 engines in my portfolio that get SeaFoam. Some of these engines get used only once a year, and with SeaFoam, I have no problems with unstable gas, or gumming of carbs, and I personally have seen carbon and deposits slowly clean up and burn away. I have 4 boats, 2 PWC's, 2 offroad Jeeps, a mud Truck, 2 daily drivers, 2 ATV's, 2 Generators, and a huge buffet of yard equipment all clean inside and out. As you can see, I love this "Snake Oil" and it really works.................BushCat

Fly Rod

Commander

Hello everybody!!<br />Would you use this seafoam in a new 2003 Evinrude ficht dfi 225hp?<br />Would it also do a great job of decorbonizing if just added to the fuel in equal ratios?<br />Thank you!!! :)

ghostrider

Seaman

flyrod i,m like BushCat, i use this in everything--to much to mention. The answer to your question is yes. I would use Sea Foam in a new engine and i would use to de-carb. you will really be surprised. check the web site. :) :cool:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

FYI, according to the MSDS<br /><br />Seafoam is:<br /><br />40-60% Pale oil (base oil lubricant like mineral oil)<br />25-35% Naptha (Paint thinner)<br />10-20% IPA (rubbing alcohol)<br />25-0% Other<br /><br />The IPA makes the water and gas mix, the Naptha is a solvent, the pale oil is a lubricant. The other is unknown and may be 0%<br /><br />The MSDS for Sta-bil gave no info.<br /><br />I'm not knocking it, just thought you'd like to know.<br /><br />Ken

Lark40

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I highly recommend Seafoam - it's cheap, easy to use, and works great. Engine pinging will disappear.<br /><br />I pour it into my cars' carbs once a year. Only drawback is that it will smoke up the entire neighborhood during that process.

ghostrider

Seaman

Hi there Kenipzoom-- Your posting of the Material Saftey Data Sheet (MSDS) info is good. Seafoam provides that info on their site also. They apparently have nothing to hide. Many products on the market don't readily provide their MSDS info. You have to request the info. I have really apreciated all of the comments to this thread. I believe we are sharing very good info that fellow boaters will greatly benifit from. :cool:

yrag

Cadet

I have been using it in my Johnson with the hose off the can of engine tuner(the kind that screws into the primer solenoid)and putting the Seafoam in a squirt bottle and injecting it that way.