What do you do to aleviate your fishing woes

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, I went to a buddies pawn shop and bought a Shakespear 5500c3 reel on a decent 1 piece rod and a Shimano Crestfire Baitcaster, their entry level reel, also on a decent 1 piece rod.<br /><br />Then I went to e-bay and saw I paid to much.... :( <br /><br />oh well.... :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What do you do to aleviate your fishing woes

Shakespeare 5500C3??<br /><br />You got to look at it first, Triggerr, which is worth more, but you got the maker or the model wrong.<br /><br />You didn't pay too much. :) The risk involved in buying stuff like that on eBay calls for lower prices.<br /><br />You might have gotten some of the junk I have gotten buying reels on eBay. My consolation is that I expected junk and paid junk prices.

TPD211

Petty Officer 1st Class

My bad....<br /><br />Abu Garcia 5500c3, its on a shakespeare rod.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I have had the reverse happen, that I bought something on Ebay and saw it locally for less. I just don't worry about it, I just use it and have fun with it.

one more cast

Captain

What ever you buy today you will find it cheaper tomorrow so you have two options.<br /> 1)stop looking at prices after you buy or<br /> 2)keep waiting for a better price and never have anything.

Dman

Petty Officer 1st Class

To make you feel better, I have a couple of the Crestfire's and they have been operational for about 4 years now. Still use them today. <br />Only problem is that they have too small of a spool for bigger line.<br />D