What do I need to do for premixing my oil

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a '91 Merc 115. I want to bypass the oil injection pump and begin premixing my oil. I only have an internal oil reservoir underneath the cowling. So, what do I have to do to bypass the intermittent alarm sensor and the oil injection pump? Then, how do I premix the oil (right in the gas tank??). 50 gas to 1 oil is the best ratio from what I've read.

scotts0709

Cadet
Re: What do I need to do for premixing my oil

50:1 - 1 pint per 6 gallons<br />I simply removed an autoblend unit and disconnected the wires.

Clams Canino

Commander

To pre-mix the oil. You add the oil to the boats gas tank first - then pump the gas in. The swirling action of the gas coming in mixes it just fine. (not to mention the movement of the boat on the trailer or in the water)<br /><br />The 50/1 ratio is about 1 quart for every 12 gallons. I have a 25 gallon tank so (assuming there's always a gallon or so in the bottom) so I add a quart and pump 12, then add another quart and pump the other 12.<br /><br />-W

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks for the help on how to mix the oil. That's a good tip. I'll have to look into how exactly to do the bypass

Winger Ed.

Chief Petty Officer

I'll have to look into how exactly to do the bypass [/QB]
There's a little kit available from Merc. to take it all off and plug/cover some holes left in the block.

BassCat73

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks. I will try and find that and use it.