What do I have?

Telephone Man

Recruit
I think its a Johnson 1958 10 hp sportwin. The Numbers inside are 15024 and 13290.<br />Tried researching it on other threads but couldn't tell. 15024 showed up in search as a 18 hp. Maybe my Serial # will show the HP as a 10. <br />Anyway I started it and bought it from a guy locally. Got it home and it didn't start anymore. Seals looked bad in carb so I did a carb kit. ( Which I don't think came with all the seals for top idle pin.) My two line pressure tank looks good ( holding pressure ).<br />Plugs looked bad changed them. Put all back together and nothing. My question is - With fuel getting to my plugs ( gas residue ) I must not be getting spark. <br />Can I just take plug out and lay on in side and give her a pull and see a spark or must the plug be grounded ( against the frame)? I will be checking pressure in valves soon. I have a volt meter but didn't want to blow it up not knowing the voltages coming out. I appreciate this forum I have learned so much about my setup thus far. Found manual just need to order. Would love all the advice you all could give.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: What do I have?

Howdy, T-man.<br /><br />Go to the Engine FAQ on non-start.<br /><br />Let us know what you find.<br /><br />Good luck, and welcome aboard. :)