What do i do

Rontaylor1

Recruit
I'm a new boater, about 4 days ago i went to take my boat out and forgot to put the plug in, got a good bit of water in it. luckey i discovered this before leaving the dock. now the boat won't even turn over. But all the other electric things on the boat work. Help What do i do

Saqbcq

Cadet
Re: What do i do

Everybody does that once. Check fuses and circuit breakers. Good luck

fuzzybob

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ron,welcome to iboats. You may want to post more info as to what you have engine-wise etc. My WAG with the info you did give is you have a starter full of water. If that is the case you'll be looking at a new one as it will fail you even if you dry it out. I hope I'm wrong... good luck

nightflight

Seaman Apprentice

inboard/outboard? outboard? how far under did it go?did it run at first ? was it salt water? tell us the whole story.

Rontaylor1

Recruit

thanks for helping, my boat has a 95 mercruiser 130 horse I/O. the water level was at least up to the starter as far as i can tell, and i was in a fresh water lake. i did not get a chance to run the boat at all

grendelsniper

Petty Officer 3rd Class

double check your oil make sure it is at the proper level and not above, basically you want to see if there is water in it, also starter might be fried, and check your battery it probably went under water also.