What did we do before internet?

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class
Have 2 boats a car and truck to maintain.I used to call people up,run around to parts places that didn't have what I needed.I didn't even know what things there were.Now you go online,get info,get help and meet like minded people.Just adjusted the shift mech on my alpha 1. They couldn't do it at the boatyard. They said I need all new cables.(wich I just replaced last year) What a world.I just wish I was younger. dave :) :confused:

Vlad D Impeller

Commander
Re: What did we do before internet?

So do i dave,you ain't the only one that feels that way, the babes are my biggest incentive for wanting to turn the clock back, disregarding the impossibility, the other problem is todays women would all disappear and i would be back where i was before, which is still a very big plus if todays knowledge is retained :D <br /><br />I really dig this day dreaming stuff :D :D

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

We used to work while in the office instead of surfing the net or posting on boat sites.

NYMINUTE

Captain

We may have scandered all this technology if we were younger. Frankly what I see coming into our society by way of taxes, laws, and "tolerance" it makes me quite happy to be mid 50's.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> We may have scandered all this technology if we were younger. Frankly what I see coming into our society by way of taxes, laws, and "tolerance" it makes me quite happy to be mid 50's.
Well i ain't that much of a visionary,i would'nt mind not a bit to being perpetually 16 :D

D

DJ

"What did we do before the internet"?<br /><br />Easy. We ACTUALLY talked to other people. You know, SPEAKING" to them and expecting answers/conversation.<br /><br />Long gone!<br /><br />Shame.

dolluper

Captain

We dug in and got dirty, did alot of headscratching [some went bald because of it] called friends for their 2cents and then maybe we finally figured it out ,So easy now amazing

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Spent more time doing family activities, worked on maintaining our houses. If we wanted to build a pipe bomb we had to figure it out on our own. Spam was something we ate once a year weather we liked the stuff or not. The main thing though I think people had more patients before the internet. Now everything is so rushed it is hard to enjoy doing and accomplishing things.

brother chris

Commander

Did more boating, more drinking, more time with the wifey, more flipping through the yellow pages, etc...<br />The net is where it is at.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

mmm I got 2 kids before the net and none after. mmmm maybe I do post to much :)

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Was there a before the internet, guess I can google it and find out :confused: ........I found somthing about Al Gore: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Link

Rear Admiral

Before the internet?<br />The internet has always been here. ;) <br />Well at least from the grandkids its that way.<br />Spent a lot more time searching for information.<br />A lot of phone calls and letters to find out little things. Now I google it.<br />I don't have to use my lunch hour to call a company in CA to see if they have what Im looking for. I can do it online at night and instead fly one of my kites during lunch.

Joenational

Cadet

Well isn't that something, here I am rather young (21) and I am actually in the business of computers. and i do remember what is was like without and now with it. i think it is a great thing most of the time. however i do agree that certain things we have lost. some kids prefer to stay online and play games when you have others like myself who like to go out and do things (car shows, boating). I mean think about how easy it is for you get stuff you need, the faster you get it and faster you can use it ie;boat parts :) I mean before you would have to spend hours even days trying to get information on something and now just "google it". I think I am in the middle and being in the buisness I think i can appreciate being away from it sometimes, maybe that is why i have the outlook i do. i mean the last thing i want to do is fix/network/build blah blah computers because i just spend all week doing it. anybody agree.

LadyFish

Admiral

Seems like my parents and their friends were having babies. Five of em in my family, I had freinds with 13 siblings and another family down the street had 16 kids.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

I remember walking 9 miles to buy the newest item out,a ball point pen.What an innovation. dave :D <br /><br />ps they were sold out.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

wow up hill, both ways and in a blizzard :)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

I remember what LF & I did before the internet. <br />Ahhh, the good old days!

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> I remember what LF & I did before the internet. <br />Ahhh, the good old days!
LMAO!!!!!! :D

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Last night it was leftover's for Mr. Lf... Little did he know then that was gonna be the good night of the weekend.