What did I buy?

Mdinz

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone have an idea of what my Craigslist find may be? The title says 1995 12' Homemade, but I believe it is older and factory made. It kind of reminds me of a G-W Invader, but it is a little longer, wider, and has a deck with two humps in front of the driver and passengers seats. It's a neat little boat and I would really like to find out what I have here. The pictures of the boat on the trailer are from today - the picture in the water was found in a folder with the title. Thanks in advance.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
If it does not have a manufacturer tag on it...........and since it's listed as a 1995 I'm guessing it's a kit boat, and has to be registered as homemade cause there is no manufacturer statement of origin..................But I could be way off.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
COOL!!!!!. I love boats like this. not sure what it is, however looks like a bunch of fun.

Mdinz

Seaman Apprentice
I suppose it could be a kit boat, but I really think it's factory made. The fit and finish surpasses most of the homemade or kit boats and even some factory made boats. Whatever it is, it should be a blast with that 40 hanging off the back. I'm going to attempt to give it a test run later today and see what happens.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I remember seeing a few of these around recently but sorry I can't recall who built them. I also do believe it was a production boat built around the same time frame as the GW Invader.

southkogs

Staff member
Yeah, doesn't look like Invader's style. But, looks like a buncha' stuff they were doing in the early 90's. Cool boat whatever it is.

UncleWillie

Captain
...Whatever it is, it should be a blast with that 40 hanging off the back. I'm going to attempt to give it a test run later today and see what happens.

I'll bet it would go even faster if you installed a prop on that 40! :facepalm:

Mdinz

Seaman Apprentice
Prop was there. It runs good - 39 on the gps with two people and 10 gallons of gas. That's plenty fast when your sitting in this thing.

midcarolina

Chief Petty Officer
Prop was there. It runs good - 39 on the gps with two people and 10 gallons of gas. That's plenty fast when your sitting in this thing.

Just give it a little time and you'll be trying to find more speed.............:lol:

Mdinz

Seaman Apprentice
I do own a higher pitch prop that I could try........Would not cost anything.......Hmmmmmmmm..............