What are the early signs of an imminent Stupid Human posting

Seamus

Seaman
I saw this ad yestersay online:<br /><br />"This 1971 Fiberform "day cruiser" HULL is in really nice condition and is one of the best Fiberform produced. The wood motor mount area in the bottom of the hull is rotten and needs to be cut out and replaced - or - convert the hull to an outboard motor hull. Originally powered by a 307 Chev v8 & OMC I/O (225 OMC). <br />No trailer - No powertrain. Will float off my trailer onto yours. <br />If it doesn't sell I start the chainsaw. <br />Title is included. "<br /><br />I would include the picture, but I don't know how without having to host it myself. Anyway, the picture is of the transom area clearly showing the massive, under-waterline hole where an outdrive unit used to be. I'm still sort of wondering whether I should send this guy email and warn him, I mean he can't really be meaning to try and float it? And the guy who buys it wouldn't let him would he?

ndemge

Commander
Re: What are the early signs of an imminent Stupid Human posting

Where did you see this?<br /><br />looked on ebay and didn't see it.

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Shhhhh, nobody say anything, just tell him that a bunch of people from the iboats forums want to watch this boat "float" onto the new trailer. Everyone have their video cameras ready?

gspig

Chief Petty Officer

Clearly since there is no motor or outdrive, the boat is lighter. It will simply float higher than the giant hole in the transom. If some water gets in, they can pull the plug to let it out. :)

Seamus

Seaman

Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> Where did you see this?<br /><br />looked on ebay and didn't see it.
Seattle Craigslist. There really are some priceless ads on Craigslist sometimes. Like the guy offering a free bus pass to any woman who wants to come and give him a back rub...

NYMINUTE

Captain

Somebody call FOX news, they will show anything

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

IMHO, the number one early warning sign of an imminent Stupid Human Trick posting is the phrase, "hey y'all, watch this!"

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Last 4 words heard before a redneck kills himself... i love it

Tinkerer

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> IMHO, the number one early warning sign of an imminent Stupid Human Trick posting is the phrase, "hey y'all, watch this!"
That certainly precedes spectacular calamities, but it's nowhere near as common as the the following response to any warning or request to be careful, which is a 100% reliable indicator of impending disaster:<br /><br />"I know what I'm doing.".<br /><br />The most humiliating and enduring instances require the addition of only one more word at the start of the sentence, being Darling or Honey etc. This empowers the woman in your life for ever more to embarrass you when least expected in company by regaling the assembled masses with a blow by blow description of your incompetence anything up to four or five decades ago, if you've been (un)lucky enough to be serving a life sentence of matrimony.

Tinkerer

Originally posted by Silens Curator:<br /> Last 4 words heard before a redneck kills himself... i love it
I'm guessing that's counting in redneck sequence?

Triton II

Commander

Clearly since there is no motor or outdrive, the boat is lighter. It will simply float higher than the giant hole in the transom. If some water gets in, they can pull the plug to let it out.
Why not plug the hole before starting events... or is that against the SHTWB code? :confused:

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

Jtexas<br /> and the last thing a redneck will hear is "go on bubba yo can do it. but a true redneck buddy will first say" heah bubba, lemme hol yer beer"

silenscurator

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br />
Originally posted by Silens Curator:<br /> Last 4 words heard before a redneck kills himself... i love it
I'm guessing that's counting in redneck sequence?
Guess thats what i get for not quoting t'other post. Last 4 words before a redneck dies: Hey y'all, watch this. hehehe, so good, so true.