What are my boat compartments

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.cowling

Cadet
I have a 1999 seafox cc. It has two compartments at the back. One on the right that fills with a switch and the switch the other way says aerator. What should this do. The tank doesn't hold water so I'm guessing I need to put a plug in it? The tank in the other side looks the same but doesn't seem to have the ability to fill unless the switch or pump is broken. Can someone tell me how this boat should work? Thank you

Re: What are my boat compartments

not sure about your boat but it sounds like the one that fills is a live well to keep fish or bait alive on the boat. You fill it up then turn on the aerator to keep fish alive. The other if it does not have any incoming holes or a overflow is proberly just a box which can be filled with ice and beer to keep the fisherman alive ( add a few pepsi's for the driver). some boats have a lever near the rear to shut of the drains on the livewells others use a plug. Look in the rear and you should see the drain pipe if it doesnt have a valve then its proberly needs a plug.

J.cowling

Cadet

There is no valve for them I see, possible behind in the battery compartment door. That one has the full on it. The other tank has a hole at the bottom but could just be a drain. Ill have to look into it. I haven't used my boat in three years and the people I stored it with let it go to crap. There is a miscellaneous switch on the control panel and it just trips its breaker so ill have to look into it. The other miscellaneous is for the wash down system pump. Also I have a 2005 Yamaha 200 go saltwater edition. I believe I can unscrew the hose connection at the bottom left of cowling and hook in my hose for a rinse of the engine right? Sorry, I know this isn't the engine forum.

Cnfins

Recruit

There is no valve for them I see, possible behind in the battery compartment door. That one has the full on it. The other tank has a hole at the bottom but could just be a drain. Ill have to look into it. I haven't used my boat in three years and the people I stored it with let it go to crap. There is a miscellaneous switch on the control panel and it just trips its breaker so ill have to look into it. The other miscellaneous is for the wash down system pump. Also I have a 2005 Yamaha 200 go saltwater edition. I believe I can unscrew the hose connection at the bottom left of cowling and hook in my hose for a rinse of the engine right? Sorry, I know this isn't the engine forum.
Yes correct, freshwater rinse For the engine Also, If your second compartment , not live well, is on the floor, it’s a fish box and you may have a pump to grind small stuff and drain that compartment. on mine it has a common label like accessory?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yes correct, freshwater rinse For the engine Also, If your second compartment , not live well, is on the floor, it’s a fish box and you may have a pump to grind small stuff and drain that compartment. on mine it has a common label like accessory?
Please refrain from posting in old inactive topics.
Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.