What about a "Fishing Mythbusters T.V. Show?

slabbott

Cadet
Have any of you watched "Mythbusters" before. I do have to wonder about those two guys, but what about some kind of outdoor/hunting/fishing show on ESPN2 or something to bust these old fishing tales and myths? Would you watch such a show? I have to admit, I've spent more than an hour or two watching these two build wooden cannons, or listening to a duck echo, etc. What does anyone think? - sorry, just bored on a Friday afternoon!!<br /> :p

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Re: What about a "Fishing Mythbusters T.V. Show?

No one would believe that they busted any myths.<br />As proof I submit the constant posting and reposting of proven myths and urban legends on this site and others. <br />Posting a link that blows the hoax out of the water normally results a bunch of posts swearing it really is true - poster saw it, read an email about it, guy at work told him, or happended to neighbor's friend's cousin's sister's friend's uncle's buddy so it HAS to be true.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I would believe it. sorry bomar, but if it was on TV it would HAVE to be true. Doesn't TV still trump the internet? ;)

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

No...Really...there was this lady driving her late husbands boat around with the trailer still attached.....My best friends cousin had an uncle who's brother-in-law knew a guy that worked with......... ;) :D ;)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />I would believe it. sorry bomar, but if it was on TV it would HAVE to be true. Doesn't TV still trump the internet? ;)
No, the order from low to high is newspaper, radio, TV, internet, and something a guy told you in a bar.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Email must fit in there somewhere - ranked by number of addresses in the distribution list times the number of times forwarded?