What a Hog Roast/Party!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Well, I shot about 10 hours of video. You guys were right, lots of tater shots! There were 535 that showed up for the event. Not bad for a out in the boonies private party. <br /><br />The host, (Bruce) has booked me for next year. The Godz had so much fun that they want to be booked for the event next year as well.<br /><br />The bands were to play from 7pm to 11pm, but the bands had so much fun they ended up jamming with each other til 1am.<br /><br />Yep, wife was surely a scorned hornet, however she is about over it. She didn't like the idea of me filming the T&A. (taters and apples) BTW, my son-in-law didn't get any still shots. He said the camera wasn't working right. It worked right, but he didn't know how to operate it correctly.<br /><br />Bruce wants me now to make a good tape of the footage that was shot and make about 130 copies. I'm not sure how to do this since I'm not into this type job. I may have some questions in the tech area later on. If I figure out how to download some of the clips onto the computer, I will be glad to send them out to those that wanted to see some of the hog roast. Just shoot me an email at ssmayfloat@neo.rr.com and I'll see what I can do. It may take a week or two, but I should be able to get it done by then.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: What a Hog Roast/Party!

"The Godz are rock 'n' roll machines..."<br />Remember them from the "old days" when they played at the Alrosa Villa here in Columbus! They were loud, but they were GOOD!

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

OK, now hook your camera up to the snappy and send us some still shots of the T&A!

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by BrianFD:<br /> "The Godz are rock 'n' roll machines..."<br />Remember them from the "old days" when they played at the Alrosa Villa here in Columbus! They were loud, but they were GOOD!
Or way before the Alrosa....when they played the Agora (both Columbus and Cleveland.<br />While they may now pass themselves off as the Godz, they have changed line ups more often than a AAA baseball team. Eric Moore is the only one left from the old days....

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Wow, Bomar! I'm impressed. Couldn't remember any ONE of their names from way-back.<br />
7_1_52.gif

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Sounds like you would have enjoyed this hog roast Bomar. Eric is still pretty good. He looks old and tatered but can still play pretty good. Gotta admit this is the first time I saw him play. Have an old album from the Godz from way back. It is in about the same shape as Eric is. :D <br /><br />When the next roast comes up next year I'll put a post out on it. Tickets sell fast for a small community. Took only 3 days to sell out! They did advertise on the radio just a couple of times.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

http://www.thegodz.net/ <br /><br /><br />The Godz were more or less the house band(s) at the 2 Agoras (Newport Music Hall for those you still wet behind the ears) many eons ago.<br /><br />I never really was a huge Godz fan, but have downloaded a few mp3's for old times sake. A friend of mine from Bucyrus is a huge Godz groupie, she is in with the current drummer (who is probably young enough to be Eric's son) and yaks about them all the time.<br /><br />Eric's gotta be 50 ish.....