what a friend

blackz3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
last fri i was telling my work buddies at 10am break how much i was looking foward to gettin the boat ready this past weekend. at 1050 i stepped on a nail!! after a trip to the hospital i came home with alot of damage to my foot..needles to say ill be laid up for a week or two. i called my<br />best friend who happens to be a podiatrist (honest) he came strait over. after telling him what happened i asked....you wanna have a look??<br />he said NO. i asked why not..his reply..youve been to the hospital your foots been taken care of...im here to work on the boat LOL...now thats a friend!!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: what a friend

at least ya could have offered to hold his beer :) :) . especially if its the last in the cooler :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a keeper to me, Black.

gaugeguy

Captain

Sounds like the good Doc is chomping at the bit to go fishing...I can relate.

KaGee

Admiral

Ya... nobody knows me until it's time to go fishin.... then they come out of the woodwork like roaches.

NathanY

Commander

What the hell size was that nail to keep you laid up for a week or two?

Twidget

Commander

That is a true friend. <br /><br />Hope your foot gets better quickly.

blackz3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanx guys..yea he realy is a great friend..16 penny nail in about an inch punchered 5 musles and hit the autery OUCH!!!!

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

If he's really a true friend he'll drive you to the boat on a wheelchair, lift you in his arms whithout looking ambarrased and kisses you off :D . Just kidding, of course BalckZ3

Link

Rear Admiral

Sounds like a guy without a boat that wants to go fishing! ;) Kidding Ofcourse.<br />Neat Story :)

SoulWinner

Commander

Originally posted by blackz3:<br /> thanx guys..yea he realy is a great friend..16 penny nail in about an inch punchered 5 musles and hit the autery OUCH!!!!
Holy crap dude :eek: God friends are hard to come by. Most "friends" are just acquaintances, but real friends are like gems.