West Virginia Windows

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade
It has come to our attention that a few copies of the WINDOWS 2005 WEST VIRGINIA EDITION may have accidentally been shipped outside of the STATE of WEST VIRGINIA<br /><br />If you have one of these, you may need help understanding the commands. The WEST VIRGINIA EDITION may be recognized by the unique opening screen. It reads: WINDERS 2005, with a background picture of Waylon and Willie superimposed on a bottle of Jack Daniels.<br /><br />Please also note:<br /><br />The Recycle Bin is labeled "Outhouse"<br />My Computer is called "This Dern Contraption"<br />Dial Up Networking is called "Good Ol' Boys"<br />Control Panel is known as "The Dashboard"<br />Hard Drive is referred to as "4-Wheel Drive"<br />Floppies are "Them little ol' plastic thangs"<br />Instead of an error message, "Duct Tape" pops up<br /><br /><br />CHANGES IN TERMINOLOGY IN WEST VIRGINIA EDITION:<br />Cancel............stopdat<br />Reset.............try'er agin<br />Yes...............yep<br />No................nope<br />Find..............hunt fer it<br />Go to.............over yonder<br />Back..............back yonder<br />Help..............hep me out here<br />Stop..............kwitit (WHOA!)<br />Start.............crank'er up<br />Settings..........settins<br />Programs......... stuff at duz stuff<br />Documents....... .stuff ah done did<br /><br />Also note that the WEST VIRGINIA EDITION does not recognize capital letters or punctuation marks. Some programs that are exclusive to WINDERS 2005:<br /><br />Tiperiter......................a word processing program<br />Colerin' Book.................a graphics program<br />Cyferin' Mersheen.............calculator<br />Outhouse Paper................notepad<br />Inner-net.....................Microsoft explorer 5.0<br />Pitchers......................a graphics viewer<br /><br />We regret any inconvenience it may have caused. If you received a copy of the WEST VIRGINIA EDITION, you may return it to Microsoft for a replacement version.<br /><br /><br />I hope this helps all y'all!<br /><br />Billy Bob Gates

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: West Virginia Windows

Guess that splains the corn cob I found when I when I wanted to delete an unwanted email! :D

KaGee

Admiral
Re: West Virginia Windows

Perfect timing.... been having puter problems this morning... I think I got a WV coruption issue! :p <br /><br /> :D :D