West Nile Virus

18rabbit

Captain
Some U.S. health officials are beginning to question why the U.S. strain of West Nile virus is deadlier to humans and birds than anywhere else on the planet – with the exception of Israel.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />This is by far the worst human toll anywhere in the world at any time since the virus' discovery in Uganda in 1937.<br /> <br />U.S. health officials believe the West Nile virus has mutated into an illness far deadlier to human beings in the United States – but they don't know why.<br /> <br />Interestingly, the U.S. strain appears almost identical to only one other strain in the world – the one found in Israel. <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />In most parts of the world where it has surfaced, the virus typically causes illness akin to the flu, bringing fever, headache, muscle aches and fatigue – unpleasant, but rarely fatal. The virus has not even proven fatal to all birds in other parts of the world. But the U.S. strain appears nearly 100 percent fatal to birds. They usually die within five days.<br /> <br />Once again, this has caused some health officials and scientists, as well as intelligence sources, to wonder if West Nile Virus is not a weaponized virus – one perhaps deliberately engineered and delivered to the two biggest targets of Islamic terrorism.<br /> <br />Israel was the first place in the world where West Nile virus was associated with killing birds. Until that outbreak in 1997, the virus was known to sicken birds, but not fatally. <br />.<br />.<br />.<br />While it is well-known that WNV is of Middle East origin, what is less well-known is the New Yorker report dating back to 2000 in which Saddam Hussein was quoted by a defector referring to "his final weapon, developed in laboratories outside Iraq ... free of U.N. inspection, the laboratories will develop strain SV 141 of the West Nile virus." There is also a report that the Centers for Disease Control actually sent WNV samples to Iraq in 1985.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />--------<br />You can read the whole story here:<br /><br /> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38623

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: West Nile Virus

I've been thinking this for a long time.<br />WNV along with SARS, Flus, and a host of other diseases.<br /><br />Engineer a virus, or use an existing one, matyr themselves by becoming infected, and intentionally infect others. <br /><br />We already know that they have developed some very bad computer virus'. It wouldn't take a very creative mind to come up with the idea to infect humans.

18rabbit

Captain

Originally posted by roscoe:<br /> ... We already know that they have developed some very bad computer virus'. ...
I heard a computer security analysis that works for the FBI interviewed. He said the Chinese routinely crank out virus on the internet to test our computer security protocol. The current thinking is a three-stage attack. The Chinese will cripple our economy weakening us militarily, completely shut down the internet so we can’t communicate, then nuke us.<br /><br />Note: don’t let what is happening in the mid-East distract your attention away from Asia.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Let's stay up at night and worry about that, then we can go fishing at daylight.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

I don't mean to hijack this but I am getting quite weary of all the computer trash (spam & virii) coming from overseas. Maybe we need to "cut the cables" from these places trying to interfere with our communication & commerce, steal info, mess with our security, and otherwise wreak havoc. I get boatloads of garbage from the Netherlands, UK, Brazil, and many of the african countries. Give them 90 days to self regulate (they won't) then filter out all digital signals (allow analog) until they decide to behave. Much easier said than done, I know.<br /><br />Interesting thought on the disease, Rabbit. They might even be able to trace the genetics somehow, although proving how it was deployed would be tough. Assuming our epidemiologists are actually allowed to do their job for a change. CDC has been corrupted or castrated by all the politics of the diseases of a certain loud but irresponsible segment from our population. (Don't read more into this than intended) Having worked with blood for 13 years just after HIV was discovered there was a blatant and successful effort made to punish anyone for following normal infectious disease protocol if the disease even MAY have been in any way associated by said vocal, angry group. Being politically correct was more important than keeping people safe and preventing the spread of fatal diseases, right? :( That was one of the straws too many for me to bear any longer- got out of the biz. Note- the practices of the biz did improve somewhat, but it was illegal for employees of medical establishments to know who was infected with HIV, and even many times hepatitis. Used to be considered good medicine to provide an isolation area to prevent cross contamination. Techniques improved but it would have been reasonable medicine to use normal isolation prtotcol for anyone with a contageous bloodborne pathogen. It was morally wrong for politics to have overridden medicine inside the clinics and hospitals. Innocent caregivers were injured and died as a result, particularly early on. CDC lost much of its clout because the politicians were catering to the few very loud mouthed whiners. It had been our intent to provide EVERYONE the best quality personalized care possible regardless. That became much more difficult when the politics of the day got involved. Hopefully CDC can get past this somehow, this time.

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bearcat,<br /><br />Live in China , they filter all the content for you.

cmyers_uk

Bearcat,<br /><br />Live in China , they filter all the content for you.

JoeW

I don't understand this continued fear of the Chinese military machine. They have tasted the fruit of capitalism and they like it, even the communist party. We are their biggest customer. How would our demise benefit the Chinese? <br />I do, however, understand the fears of their industrial/economic stength and their negative impact on the environment.

JoeW

I don't understand this continued fear of the Chinese military machine. They have tasted the fruit of capitalism and they like it, even the communist party. We are their biggest customer. How would our demise benefit the Chinese? <br />I do, however, understand the fears of their industrial/economic stength and their negative impact on the environment.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

They keep spying and dirty dealing anyway. They sell weapons to the highest bidder without regard to how responsible that bidder is or what their intentions. They have never been above board with anyone. Why trust them is my question.<br /><br />Is this double post day? ;)

Link

Rear Admiral

Rabbit<br />
Once again, this has caused some health officials and scientists, as well as intelligence sources, to wonder if West Nile Virus is not a weaponized virus – one perhaps deliberately engineered
Ive been hearing scientists hash this over for at least a year now. Same with herds of Elk all dieing at once. When other animals in the same area seem un-touched.<br /><br />
Note: don’t let what is happening in the mid-East distract your attention away from Asia
Good point. North Korea manufactures a lot of things (also in consentration camps) then sends them to China, where they are stamped "Made in China" and sold through out the world.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Joew94th, who says you can't later enslave someone that you pretend to be buddies with? Less money spent on advertisment, if you can just mandate that they have to purchase certain things.<br /><br />The Chinese are a very sly opponent. They don't hammer our security for no reason. They don't conterfiet our products for nothing. There are reasons for these things, and so far I personally do not like how the numbers are adding up. Anyone with an analytical mind can see something brewing there. <br /><br />I personally see these middle easterners as pawns to the Chinese. I think that we are kidding ourselves if we don't start breading a warrior class here in the U.S. very soon. Then augment that warrior class with robotic warriors.<br /><br />We need to start educating ourselves much more, starting yesterday, instead of buying into distractions. We buy games and other cheap things that keep us occupied, all the while the enemy is studying us and getting rich off of us. That wealth is then spent on war machines to kill us off.<br /><br />Yes I am a bit of a parnoid person. I just don't care to get blind sided is all.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

About these viri. I think that anyone who stands up and says they are not engineered, is trying to keep their sleep from being disturbed. It is blatantly obvious these viri are engineered.<br /><br />And you know what? We teach them how to do it. We let them have access to our resources and research centers.<br /><br />I see no need for them to be here on student visas anymore. They can get access via distant learning media. Their country can provide physical labs if needed. I bet if we did away with these things, the true person/nation behind these puppets would step up and help them. Then we would see who is who.

cajun555

Chief Petty Officer

It was said back in the sixties that the communist would take control of the U.S.A. without firing a shot.