went to sarasota boat show...

zeppellin

Cadet
went to sarasota boat show this weeked. compared bay boats...hydra sport, sea pro, carolina skiff, action craft and scout boats. . all similiar boats, all around 23-24 ft. the one think i noticed was hydra sport is the heaviest, other 4 are comparable. structurally wise, hydra sport, scout boat and sea pro seemed better. compartment doors were sturdier. especially more than the carolina. price wise sea pro and carolina skiff were better.my initial favorites after the show are in this order, hydra sport, sea pro, scout, carolina and then action craft. price wise carolina was cheaper. option wise i really liked sea pro then hydra sport. can anyone give me any info on these boats that you know of? im going to do some test runsa on all of em. looking for bay fishing with some offshore.

zoom50

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: went to sarasota boat show...

I just bought Sea Pro 180 (90 hp Yamaha) and this boat seemed to be the best bang for my buck. The small things made me decide on this boat such as the heavier guage stainless rub rails, solid plates under all cleats instead of washers, and seats that looked and felt much more durable. <br /><br />I think the 100% composite hull/floor and a good outboard are pretty uniform with all of the Center Consoles. Price and interior quality is what I used to make my decision. As stated in my previous post, I paid $15,400 and that was out the door including all taxes and fees.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

Triton should be another heavyweight. Easy to find a lot of Sea-Pro owners posting. Seems to be a popular choice. Blazer, Cape Horn, Kenner, Key West, and Polar are also supposed to give good bang-for-the-buck. Sounds like it was a fun boat show :) <br /><br />Kelly Cook

zeppellin

Cadet

oh yea...triton was the other...loking and comparing a total of about 5. triton makes a beautiful boat. they had a 22 footer there. im going to go test the 24 ft boat. i thought i was told a few yrs back by a guy at a boat show to stay clear of sea pro or sea ray. but of course he was there competition. so now my wife is a little skeptical but she loved the sea pro the best of all boats. especially with some of the nice features they offer for seating. good looking and spacious boat. reports ive read here and other sites is everyones happy with sea pro's