Went fishin this weekend and caught a 21 foot bass boat...

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
So I was fishing along the river in my skanky boat, and pondering why it seemed like there were five billion bass boats. Bass boats are a rarety here because the water is just too rough 95% of the time. It turns out there was a bass tourny going on. I finish up and start heading back when I see a bass boat floating along with one man seated and the other waving his arms at me. There were a lot of boats on the water and I can't believe no one else stopped for these guys. I pull up to him and it turns out he just bought the boat, big ol' top dollar 21 footer with a 225 Merc HPDI hanging off the back. He said he spun his prop and couldn't move, and then he trimmed the motor all the way up. What actually happened was that the propshaft broke off, and the prop with shaft was gone (who knows how that happened, but at least he has a warranty). It was not cool, so I hooked up and towed him with my ugly old boat back down the river to the nearest ramp (took aboout an hour to tow him), them he jumped in and I ran him farther down to the ramp that had his truck. For whatever reason he liked my boat, said it rode and ran great, and he liked the layout. He spotted me some cash for gas at the ramp, thanked me profusely, and that was that. I only wish I could have had a picture of my boat with its 35 year old Merc 125 horse towing this brand new bass boat with two stout fellows in it. I figured that was a workout on my old motor so I did a compression check back at my dock (I have never done that since I bought it), and I have 115-120 psi in each cylinder, much better than I thought. Love those old Mercs....

mike1234tampa

Seaman
Re: Went fishin this weekend and caught a 21 foot bass boat...

You got to love it. I have had a couple of thirty +year old motors over the years and countless times I have been at the dock and there is some guy with a fairly new rig that either won't start, barely runs, or what ever else. It may smoke a little more, It may be a little bit noisy, not be as EPA friendly, but always for me very reliable.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

You done good, Jason. :)

bubbakat

Captain

Way to go jason

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

What Bubba said.