Wellcraft Dealer?

Flames

Seaman
Does anyone know where I can find a Wellcraft dealer in this country that will sell parts to me?<br /><br />I have searched thee web and made a load of phone calls and cant find anyone willing to help.<br /><br /><br />Thanks, Rudy

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wellcraft Dealer?

Go to the Wellcraft website and contact them. They will help you find the closest dealer.

Flames

Seaman

I have been to the Wellcraft website and no one there can/will help me out.<br /><br />I am looking for thee cabin door SLIDING TRACKS for a 1986 43' Portifino.<br /><br /><br />Thanks, Rudy

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

Did you get their number and call them or just send an email? We bought a new Wellcraft in 2002. 4 months after we bought it the dealer went belly up. When I had a problem I was able to get a phone number from their site and called them. The customer service people located the 3 closest dealers for me. I just checked the site. They have a menu choice to locate a dealer near you. Try this:<br /> http://wellcraft.com/DealerLocator/DealerLocator_Index.asp

Flames

Seaman

Thanks Mr. Ladyfish<br /><br /><br />it says there is no dealer near me, I had another dealer check with Wellcraft and the parts I need are not available anymore.<br /><br /><br />I guess I will have to fab something.<br /><br />Thanks anyway, Rudy

dal929

Cadet

Try Dave Bofill. He's a Wellcraft Dealer out on long Island NY. I can't say that he'll be so willing to mail you parts if you haven't already greased his pocket with the loads of cash necessary to buy a boat but it's worth a try. I can say that as a customer of his he's certainly been very supportive to me and my wellcraft. Check out his website for phone #'s http://www.davebofill.com he also owns http://www.modernyachts.com/ which is where I think his parts guy is. The # there is (631) 728-2266.

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

As much as I hate to say this.I doubt if any dealer or the manufacturer can help you with a boat that old. Forget the dealer. The only thing I could suggest would be to contact Wellcraft and see if they can locate who supplied them with those parts back then and contact the part manufacturer directly. It has been my experience that boat manufacturers are more like home builders, than automotive companies. While General motors makes the body, the chasis, the engines, the transmissions, etc. Home builders use one contractor to do the electric, another for the plumbing, someone else for the heat and air, still someone else for the windows and doors, etc. Ask Wellcraft who their vendor was in 1986 for cabin doors.

Flames

Seaman

Thank you both, I will see what happens.<br /><br /><br />Rudy