Wellcraft 185 elite

Hi all,<br /> Although this craft to most of you where it is available has past its use by date where I am it will be one of a kind..<br />I live in New Zealand and are after a roomy bow rider which is rare as the market is flooded with Bayliner 175s and 185 and a few other smallish bow riders and all are still very hefty price taged, so I looked off shore and found a low hr fresh water use only 185 wellcraft b/rider powered by a 5.7 and cobra drive all in very good nick.<br />Now my query is has any of you ever owned this boat and what was you feelings on it?.<br />It is still a couple of days away from being landed here and would like the jump on what to expect.<br />This will be my first i/o boat and hopefully it will be all I dreamed of.<br />Any opinions good or bad will be greatly appreciated, along with what I should look for before attempting its first day out as I have no more than "it goes great" from previous owner 1/2 way round the world!!.<br />Thanks and look forward to reading the replies.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: Wellcraft 185 elite

cheers mate and welcome aboard,<br />wellcraft has a reutation of high quality IMO.<br />head and shoulders above bayliner around these<br />parts. that said, you need to be a bit more<br />specific here... what year hull, asking price,<br />warranty etc.<br />a well maintained bayliner can sometimes be a<br />better value than a neglected wellcraft, but the<br />odds are in your favor probably.<br />should fly with a 5.7L :cool: <br />regards,<br />M.Y.<br /><br />P.S. we have a good number of members here from<br />down under

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

I have a 1988 23' CC Wellcraft & love it. If anything it is overbuilt which gives me a great ride and a feeling of safety.

Thanks for the input guys its appreciated,<br />mellowyellow,<br />The hulls were first made in 1986 but are unsure for how long or what year the one I purchased is.<br />This is a link to one for sale on this site to give you an idea web page <br />By the time it was purchased, shipped, taxs ect ect it would owe me about the same as a 10yr old 175 3L bayliner or simmilar which is a good boat but I wanted v8 power and anything v8 and a b/rider here costs a around $30k+ and I will be useing this for 1/2 that :) so are happy with the purchase.<br />Warrantee does not exist as was purchased over seas but was purchased from people I have grown to trust and have had many dealings with in the automotive side of importing.<br />And yes she should fly indeed ;) .<br />Thanks<br /> mike